Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : ImpossibleCubes (various puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.1/10 (31 votes)
σ 1.37
Author Name:Tscott
Submitted By:Tscott
Hold Name:ImpossibleCubes
Theme:various puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:25
Number of Monsters:1304
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: ImpossibleCubes.hold (13.1 KB)
Downloaded 2970 times.
License: Other
icon ImpossibleCubes  
My first attempt at a level for DROD. It has a bit of every monster thrown in it, but most rooms are of moderate difficulty. The level started as an idea to incorporate the 'impossible cube' optical illusion into a room, and the theme evolved to include other square like designs with some sort of trick to them.

I hope you enjoy it.
12-11-2003 at 08:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: ImpossibleCubes (0)  
Is 2North 1West solvable?

12-14-2003 at 04:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
DiMono wrote:
Is 2North 1West solvable?
Of course. :D

Click here to view the secret text

12-14-2003 at 05:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Yeah, I saved it for last, and when I went back I discovered that I'm a total tool. However, for mimicking level 6 you're no longer allowed to design holds... and I'm stealing the idea behind 3N1W from you :D

12-14-2003 at 06:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
DiMono wrote:
Yeah, I saved it for last, and when I went back I discovered that I'm a total tool. However, for mimicking level 6 you're no longer allowed to design holds... and I'm stealing the idea behind 3N1W from you :D

I'm stuck on this one. I can't see how to kill the snake in the lower half. A bit of help wouldn't go amiss.
12-31-2003 at 10:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Roaches are obstacles.

12-31-2003 at 07:53 PM
bandit1200
DiMono wrote:
Roaches are obstacles.

yep, and wraithwings too, but I still can't manage it. you get some holds that look hard and aren't, and some that look like they will be easy and aren't. it's always the ones that look relatively easy that I fail on. :~(
12-31-2003 at 11:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tscott
bandit1200 wrote:
DiMono wrote:

I'm stuck on this one. I can't see how to kill the snake in the lower half. A bit of help wouldn't go amiss.
I almost always used

For an all out spoiler of how I normally do it,

01-01-2004 at 09:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
I usually

01-02-2004 at 04:35 AM
bandit1200
Tscott wrote:
I almost always used

For an all out spoiler of how I normally do it,
That's exactly how I was trying to do it, but with no success after numerous attempts. The snake always turns away once I go across the force arrow. I'll give DiMono's suggestion a try.
01-02-2004 at 09:07 AM
bandit1200
I got back to this hold last night and finished it off. Good fun. (mind you, I say that about all the ones I can actually finish ;) )
01-15-2004 at 09:43 AM
Koro
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 74
Yeah, this hold was pretty jiggy! Its only downside was that it kept me playing straight through when I should have been doing Physics homework. :thumbsup Thanks for the scrolls making sure we did them in a convenient order without hunting for unfinished rooms. There are levels in Dugan's I wish were so friendly.

Peace in the dungeons,
Koro

01-22-2004 at 11:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
masonjason
Rank Points: 349
Neither of the orbs in 3N 1W do anything for me. Is this intentional, or do I need to redownload?

02-20-2004 at 11:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
masonjason wrote:
Neither of the orbs in 3N 1W do anything for me. Is this intentional, or do I need to redownload?
They should (and alway have) open the 4 yellow doors in this room, two doors for each orb. I just re-downloaded the version of hold thats in this thread and imported it into a second computer- The orbs worked fine.

I noticed there were some odd orb problems in some of your holds you were uploading. Is everything ok with your install of DROD?

02-20-2004 at 08:17 PM
masonjason
Rank Points: 349
It was, up until this recent problem. It's possible that the two occurrences are connected, but I can't tell.

02-20-2004 at 09:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1908
Fine hold.
Moderate difficult.
Nicely designed!
03-24-2005 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
SbCl3
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
This is the best hold (other than kdd) that i've played so far. Nothing hard or annoying, just the right difficulty. I'm very anxious to what you'll be making in the future.

You get a 10 from me.
04-05-2005 at 12:35 AM
minhtuan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Your hold has great look, very neat design. I was stuck at some corner, but still trying. The idea is original and the hold well-implemented.
04-25-2005 at 10:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bobkberg
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
Very enjoyable! Thanks for writing it.

Bob

04-05-2007 at 08:29 PM
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: ImpossibleCubes (+1)  
Cool aesthetic! This hold is relatively easy but there are a few tricks that can trip you up. I really liked how there are a number of rooms that borrow the same "squares" for the base architecture but that end up playing out entirely differently.

11-19-2017 at 05:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : ImpossibleCubes (various puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com