Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Assume Demos Are Saved When Beethro Completes The Room
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Assume Demos Are Saved When Beethro Completes The Room (+1)  
Does this option cause more harm than good? It needs to be on for CaravelNet to work right, for instance, and most of this data needs to be saved for saved games anyway.

I'm not sure how many people use the 'save demo when Beethro dies' option, either. Maybe it's also worth jettisoning.

The advantage to getting rid of less useful options is that it makes the codebase, troubleshooting and new player experience* much simpler.

* It does this by giving them one less option to worry about if they stumble into the options screen.

10-29-2007 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1979
IP: Logged
icon Re: Assume Demos Are Saved When Beethro Completes The Room (0)  
I usually turn this off when I want to Chat and doing Testing.

Or if I'm just not being bothered to record any demos at all (like some unfinished holds in Architecture.)

But I'd say I'd rather want some other option like "Do not upload any saved demos to CaravelNet" instead of this one.

Oh, but perhaps all these settings can be put in drod.ini, so that starting smitemasters won't need to think about it.

(Obviously, I don't need it right now as my CNet account just expired, but I'll be back.)

10-29-2007 at 07:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Assume Demos Are Saved When Beethro Completes The Room
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com