Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Certificates
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Certificates (0)  
I'm reediting this to include some more names, and give a full account of who I mailed to.

Malarme, Dorus, Bibelot, Noman, Gigaleon, Sitnaltax, Mathwiz!

If any of you would like a certificate mailed to you, please contact me. At least one of the above people politely declined to give an address earlier, but the offer still stands. If you happen upon this message eight months or whatever after I originally posted it, it is still no problem to mail you your certificate. Just let me know!

While I'm at it, here is a list of people to whom I mailed certificates today...

agaricus
bdcribbs
billbuckner
bradwall
butsam
captainpirate
claytonw
eytanz
j. l. #1 (Jonathan)
j. l. #2 (Joel)
khong
krammer
levelthirteen
lucretia
mattcrampy
Mister
mrimer
noaht
oneiromancer
quath
schik
scott
Sokko
stuartk
trick
tscott
watcher
zex20913
zmann

I don't have plans to mail out to any people not mentioned in this message, but let me know if you think you've been left out. And if so, please forgive me for making a mistake.

-Erik

[Edited by ErikH2000 on 11-23-2003 at 01:15 AM GMT]

11-23-2003 at 01:02 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Certificates (0)  
What are the certificates for?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-23-2003 at 01:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Beta-testing Architect's Edition.

Matt

11-23-2003 at 02:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Uh-oh...8 months...I think my address has changed since then...can you PM me with what you sent it to?

11-23-2003 at 09:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Got mine in the mail today. It looks nice! However, I have no idea if there are any spelling errors. :)

I think the certificates really show how classy Caravel Games is. Where else would you get anything like this for beta testing?

Nice job, Erik.

[Edited by Schik on 11-25-2003 at 09:02 PM GMT: Games, not Software. ]

11-25-2003 at 04:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
It's time like this that I hate the Pacific Ocean.

Go, Australia Post! Turbocharge your engines and get my certificate here!

(And don't leave it out in the rain, either!)

Matt, who'll have to go down to the post office to pick it up, with any luck

11-25-2003 at 01:09 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Matt, don't worry - mine ain't turned up either.

It's something to look forward to though, right?

"Oook!"
11-25-2003 at 02:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
It's beautiful! ...What's it say? :)

Kidding. I've got most of it, a word here and there are giving me trouble. Something about Seagulls... and I can't read the month... And I don't know four of the five signatures.

(EDIT: Alright, I figured out what it all said. I got the name of the month by checking the topic about the Eighth. I have a hunch who the first signature is, but the other three have me baffled.)

I'm going to have it framed, and hang it over my door.

[Edited by ClaytonW on 11-25-2003 at 09:41 PM GMT]
11-25-2003 at 09:00 PM
Mattcrampy
Trust me, it ain't my signature.

Or if it is, I fear for my bank account.

I'd guess we could expect Erik's, Mike's, maybe Gerry's, maybe Matt's (both of 'em) and maybe Brittney's on there. Seeing as there's only four, who knows?

Matt

11-26-2003 at 12:11 AM
ErikH2000
Mattcrampy wrote:
I'd guess we could expect Erik's, Mike's, maybe Gerry's, maybe Matt's (both of 'em) and maybe Brittney's on there. Seeing as there's only four, who knows?
It is entirely possible to know who three of the signatures belong to, based on what has been published and discussed up until now. I'll be disappointed if nobody can figure it out!

-Erik

11-26-2003 at 12:24 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
I just got my certificate, and it's nice, Erik. Thanks. :) Only I had a bit of trouble translating the Sihmpuhl Englihsh. Could you please e-mail me a translation? Thanks (again). :D

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 11-26-2003 at 01:00 AM GMT: Extra info]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

11-26-2003 at 12:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
ClaytonW wrote:

(EDIT: Alright, I figured out what it all said. I got the name of the month by checking the topic about the Eighth. I have a hunch who the first signature is, but the other three have me baffled.)

Oh wait, one of them might be Beethro.

Two things I noticed while compiling the Eighth article (which I've been dragging my feet on...) - Erik intended to do pretty much the same thing at some point, and...

Beethro the Delver part two apparently takes place on Novender 26th. Seeing as there's twenty-seven days in every month, that's like the day before New Year's Eve (which naturally would have a really nutty name). Any significance to that, Erik?

Matt

11-26-2003 at 01:12 AM
ErikH2000
NoahT wrote:
I just got my certificate, and it's nice, Erik. Thanks. :) Only I had a bit of trouble translating the Sihmpuhl Englihsh.
Glad you like it!
Could you please e-mail me a translation? Thanks (again). :D
It is my policy for the moment not to translate any of the Sihmpuhl Englihsh text. You may want to give it another crack, (it's quite possible to decipher with some work) or get some help from the others who know a bit of the language.

-Erik

11-26-2003 at 05:38 AM
ErikH2000
Mattcrampy wrote:
Beethro the Delver part two apparently takes place on Novender 26th. Seeing as there's twenty-seven days in every month, that's like the day before New Year's Eve (which naturally would have a really nutty name). Any significance to that, Erik?
Yes, but I can't remember why I had it that way. I think I wanted to time some real world DROD event to match an Eighth event. But I just can't remember what I was thinking. Sorry, not a satisfying answer.

-Erik

11-26-2003 at 05:40 AM
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
Minor correction: There's 37 days in a month in the Eighth. The Pink Threat takes place on Novender 36th. (I went back and checked.)

BTW, Erik, when are you going to have The Universal Song finished? And will there be any more codes for us to decipher?

(postcount++)

11-26-2003 at 11:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Noah, check the Story Collaboration thread for info on translating Sihmpuhl Englihsh. (Not linking cos I'm too lazy, it's in this forum somewhere...) Then practice with Wormspeaker on the main site.

"Oook!"
11-26-2003 at 03:12 PM
Mattcrampy
Whoops, my bad. Wasn't thinking.

Matt

11-26-2003 at 05:26 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
I got mine too.

It's absolutely great!

Thank you so much Erik!

One thing though. Shouldn't "Certifacateer" on the second letter about letter damage be spelt "Certificateer"?

11-26-2003 at 05:51 PM
ErikH2000
agaricus5 wrote:
I got mine too.

It's absolutely great!

Thank you so much Erik!

One thing though. Shouldn't "Certifacateer" on the second letter about letter damage be spelt "Certificateer"?
Yes, you are right! However the warranty does not cover misspellings in the warranty itself. ;)

-Erik

11-26-2003 at 06:12 PM
krammer
Innacurate is spelt wrong in the warranty too.

But hey, it's a great certificate. I'm not complaining. Much. :D

"Oook!"
11-26-2003 at 07:06 PM
ErikH2000
krammer wrote:
Innacurate is spelt wrong in the warranty too.
>>grumble<< I was in a hurry, dammit!

(I've always been pretty good at spelling, so I'm a little ashamed of this one. 2nd place spelling bee winner at my school, and now look how low I've fallen!)

-Erik

11-26-2003 at 07:21 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I got 2nd place too when I was in elementary school...I lost on success. I have never forgotten how to spell that word since, let me tell you. What word did you lose on, and is the spelling of it ingrained into your brain now?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-26-2003 at 07:23 PM
ErikH2000
Oneiromancer wrote:
I got 2nd place too when I was in elementary school...I lost on success. I have never forgotten how to spell that word since, let me tell you. What word did you lose on, and is the spelling of it ingrained into your brain now?
I don't remember which exact word I lost on. It did seem like a huge blow when I got it wrong--a real stomach-sinker.

I do remember in the fifth grade, after winning 2nd place, my schoolmates putting me up on their shoulders and carrying me around. I was unpopular--bad clothes, bad at sports, extremely shy--so it was like I had one happy moment in school where all my peers thought I was cool and liked me. Then the next day, things were back to normal.

-Erik

11-26-2003 at 07:51 PM
Schik
                           :) <-- Erik
;) :D :P ;) :| ;) :? :P -_- :? :-O <-- His DROD followers

*We* think you're cool and like you.

11-26-2003 at 07:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Hear hear! Erik = :glasses

One of the best moments for me in Junior High School was when playing baseball, when I was batting all the fielders moved in to get the "easy out". I hit it way over their heads, I think I crossed home before the ball was even picked up. I guess they had no way of knowing I had been in Little League, especially by the looks of me. :P They didn't make the same mistake again, unfortunately, but it was a good time.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 11-26-2003 at 09:04 PM GMT]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-26-2003 at 08:22 PM
ErikH2000
Oneiromancer wrote:
One of the best moments for me in Junior High School was when playing baseball, when I was batting all the fielders moved in to get the "easy out". I hit it way over their heads, I think I crossed home before the ball was even picked up. I guess they had no way of knowing I had been in Little League, especially by the looks of me. :p They didn't make the same mistake again, unfortunately, but it was a good time.
Yeah, you always remember stuff like that. When you think about things that happened to you when you were a kid objectively, it doesn't seem like a big deal. But if you remember how you felt when it happened--it was huge!

-Erik

11-26-2003 at 08:37 PM
ErikH2000
Schik wrote:
*We* think you're cool and like you.
Aww thanks, buddy. :)

-Erik

11-26-2003 at 08:38 PM
Schik
ErikH2000 wrote:
Yeah, you always remember stuff like that. When you think about things that happened to you when you were a kid objectively, it doesn't seem like a big deal. But if you remember how you felt when it happened--it was huge!

Onei's story reminded me of a softball game I was in when I was much younger. I was a scrawny, skinny kid, but I had a hell of an arm on me, so I played outfield. Somebody knocked one out near me, and I scooped it up and eyed the guy as he got to first base. He eyed me back and decided he could beat my throw to second base. I rocketed the ball and it landed in the 2nd baseman's glove *right* before the guy's foot slid into it. Aaaaah, what a wonderful feeling that was. :)

11-26-2003 at 08:54 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Heh. I made a point of being dreadful in every sporting event - partially because I was naturally bad, but partially because our classes were large, and if I made sure that no-one called on me, I would be extra and could sit out all the games. Seemed much more efficient than putting a whole lot effort into the ballgames and then still sucking at them, like most my friends.

[Edited by eytanz on 11-26-2003 at 09:11 PM GMT]

11-26-2003 at 09:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
I was actually somewhat decent at sports, at least to a degree. I could field very well in baseball, but if it was fast pitching I couldn't bat at all. In basketball I was a decent shot and was somewhat tall (although not until high school), but I couldn't move down the court without tripping on the ball. I never got into most other "typical" American sports games, although I have occasionally played a pickup game of flag football and done decently. I do rock at racquetball though...the only sport I still play.

I've always wondered if the only reason I have some sports skill is from the hand-eye coordination of playing so many video games. I also picked up on DDR really fast, so I guess I have some foot-eye coordination too. :D Not sure if there is a relation though, since there is usually not much of a connection between being good at video games and being good at sports.

Game on,

11-26-2003 at 09:37 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Certificates
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com