Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The Cliff's Edge
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon The Cliff's Edge (+1)  
Well, I've reached it. The moment in my life I start to think I don't need computers to be happy. One trip that was many hours long made me change my look on that. I really think I don't need my computer, but if I stop going on the CPU, it means I don't get to see you guys anymore. And DROD too... Even then, I use DROD a bit less than I used to... Is there something weird going on? Is it natural? Should I really give up the computers to enjoy the great life that there is past that screen? And must I really give up on DROD?

Please help me make a decision...

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

08-14-2007 at 02:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
icon Re: The Cliff's Edge (+1)  
Hmm. I'd say you cut it even. A bit of time on the computer and a bit of time outside. Getting some fresh air once in a while is very healthy for you, and thats what most kids who are growing up don't seem to get. This is a great decision for you, Jeff, but don't forget to stop in once and a while to say hi. You really don't need computers to have a great time, but that doesn't mean you have to give it up altogether. I say you get out a bit, see the world. :P Anyway, whatever your decision may be, I'm sure I'm going to miss you, buddy.

Keep posting,

08-14-2007 at 02:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
Listen here Jeff... I really don't understand why you're asking us. Only you (can) know what *you* enjoy more and the only advice I can give is: try it all out. Since you're only 12, you don't have too much experience with life, therefore you may not know exactly what's fun and what isn't, so you should not make a decision without proper experimenting, but you are the only one to decide what to do and what not to do.
08-14-2007 at 05:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
It's your decision, Jeff. If computers don't interest you any more, then that's okay.

On the other hand, it's not like you can avoid computers these days, but having a broad base of interests is a fine thing, as is the ability to change.

08-14-2007 at 05:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: The Cliff's Edge (0)  
I just wanted to know what you guys think I should do. Maybe I should just go on the computers a bit less.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

08-14-2007 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5070
Jeff_Ray... wrote:
I just wanted to know what you guys think I should do. Maybe I should just go on the computers a bit less.
Sure, why not.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-14-2007 at 05:49 PM
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
Do what you feel like, Jeff! If you feel like you want a break from your computer, take a break. Don't just stay on the computer because you feel some sort of obligation to us other forumites to stay, or to play DROD if you don't want to -- it's good to care about people you interact with, but we'll still be here when you come back probably! You'll be happier if you don't force yourself to do something you don't really want to do.

And yes, people change. This is natural.

08-14-2007 at 07:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The Cliff's Edge
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com