Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Resolved and Unresolved marks for help threads (And here I am about to treat The Site board like Feature Requests)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Resolved and Unresolved marks for help threads (0)  
Sometimes I post in an old help topic where the last person found out what to do on his own. Yes, it goes to the top of the board, but when it says it has something like 8 replies, it's nature to assume that the problem was resolved. So not as many people notice it and help me.

So I say that, on Hints And Solutions, as well as Wonderquest and SubTerra (although SubTerra doesn't really need it), we are allowed to change a flag when we post or edit a post, just like Mr. Imer can on Feature Requests and Bugs. It will appear in ths second column on the topic list, just like mrimer's flags.

Also, because people may not notice it's availability, I also suggest this: There shouldn't just be an "Unresolved" flag, but a "Resolved" flag, also. This way, people who do know about it will have flags matching thier status, and people who don't know about it will have no flags at all (this way, we can separate known Resolved topics from topics of unknown status).

What do you think?

07-04-2007 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
icon Re: Resolved and Unresolved marks for help threads (0)  
Read this. I do think it is a good idea, though...

[Last edited by Jason at 07-04-2007 06:07 PM]
07-04-2007 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: Resolved and Unresolved marks for help threads (+1)  
Yup, that is very similar. The key difference between this and that is that any poster can change the flag on a whim (and maybe non-posting third parties can, as well), and it has a system to help distinguish between those who don't know about the flag from those who do.

Oh, wait, I just found a flaw that is carried over from that request to mine. New users who don't know about the flag who post questions in Resolved topics. They'll forget to change it to Unresolved.

But I have another idea; maybe the flag is not carried from one post to another. This might kind of kill the point of having it, but maybe each poster must set another flag. So users who forget to change a Resolved flag will end up with a topic with no flag, which other users can't assume is resolved.

07-04-2007 at 06:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Resolved and Unresolved marks for help threads (And here I am about to treat The Site board like Feature Requests)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com