Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Which should I pick: The City Beneath or an item from the DROD store? (I am stuck here!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Which should I pick: The City Beneath or an item from the DROD store?
The City Beneath PollPollPoll 29 80.56%
An item from the DROD store PollPollPoll 4 11.11%
Neither! PollPollPoll 0 0.00%
I don't care I just wanted to see the votes. PollPollPoll 3 8.33%
Total Votes 39 100%
Poster Message
techant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 854
IP: Logged
icon Which should I pick: The City Beneath or an item from the DROD store? (0)  
Which should I pick: The City Beneath or an item from the DROD store?

I have one more set of 8 contests that I can claim a prize for that still falls before the August 1, 2006 deadline.
If you are collecting your prize for participating in eight contests, you must choose from the subset of prizes marked "8-Timer". If you've participated in a contest before August 1st, 2006 the rules are a bit different--just ask me, and I'll explain
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=5103

I have had my eye on a cap with the DROD logo on it for a while but now the new "The City Beneath" is out and I loved the demo. I can get the game later but it will take me about a year to earn the ability to choose it as an "8-Timer". So I must pick which one to get.

Help me decide, Please!! Is the game worth getting now instead of the cap? Or should I wait on the game. I will never beat anyone in getting a high ranking so whats the use of not waiting. So, get the cap now and the game in about a year? Ijust don't know is the game wonderful and worth more then a dumb cap? Help me. Please!!:?

**No I will not just go ahead an buy the game. sorry!**

[Last edited by techant at 04-26-2007 03:28 AM]
04-26-2007 at 03:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Which should I pick: The City Beneath or an item from the DROD store? (+1)  
Both the game and the hat will keep you out of the sun. The game costs more. Therefore, buy the game.
(And its cooler by about 1000x times.)

[Last edited by TripleM at 04-26-2007 03:45 AM]
04-26-2007 at 03:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Remlin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 181
icon Re: Which should I pick: The City Beneath or an item from the DROD store? (+1)  
I vote for the hat. When you're out and about looking so cool in your DRODwear, you're bound to make loads of cool new friends who will want to show their affection by buying you gifts, like a copy of TCB. So it's really a two-for-one!
04-26-2007 at 05:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
TCB.

You get the downloadable version while you are waiting for the cd to ship, but can you get a downloadable version of a cap? I think not!

TCB.

04-26-2007 at 07:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
icon Re: Which should I pick: The City Beneath or an item from the DROD store? (0)  
Well, cos I'm awkward, you can guess which one I picked...
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Pilchard VIII at 04-26-2007 03:57 PM]
04-26-2007 at 03:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I picked TCB, but can see arguments for either.

The big argument for TCB is that it's awesome, and there's no way I know of to regret such a purchase.

The big argument for a hat now is that Caravel gets limited profit per hat, and buying TCB will provide them with more money than buying the hat would.

04-26-2007 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
Unless, of course, buying the hat induces other people to buy TCB who otherwise might not have, in which case the hat would be more profitable... ;)
04-27-2007 at 03:35 AM
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
zex20913 wrote:
I picked TCB, but can see arguments for either.

The big argument for TCB is that it's awesome, and there's no way I know of to regret such a purchase.

The big argument for a hat now is that Caravel gets limited profit per hat, and buying TCB will provide them with more money than buying the hat would.

And what have you got against Caravel may I ask?
04-28-2007 at 01:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
Dex Stewart wrote:
zex20913 wrote:
And what have you got against Caravel may I ask?
He's talking about an eight-contest-participations prize, that is, discussing what to get without paying Caravel. If he chooses the hat at Erik's expense and then buys TCB, Caravel gets more money from him than the other way round.
04-28-2007 at 04:21 PM
techant
Rank Points: 854
icon Re: Which should I pick: The City Beneath or an item from the DROD store? (0)  
He is not a he, I am a she! :lol

Amazing Contest Discription: PRIZES FOR EVERYONE!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by techant at 10-22-2007 11:18 AM]
05-01-2007 at 02:43 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Which should I pick: The City Beneath or an item from the DROD store? (I am stuck here!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com