Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Scavenger Hunt
Page 4 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: Scavenger Hunt (0)  
I don't know, my dad always made us keep the pumpkin seeds when we were carving a jack-o-lantern. True, the food came from the pumpkin before it was transformed. Also true, you are being very nitpicky. :D

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-22-2003 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
Schik wrote:
Either this was too tough, or people are bored with this topic. Here is an example of what I was looking for.

Now an easy one to see if it is just that people are bored: Find me a picture of someone dressed up as some sort of food for halloween.

Dammit, I looked on cockeyed, too.

Matt

10-23-2003 at 03:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Okay, here is a recursive picture.

Now....

find me a picture of someone holding a mushroom.

10-23-2003 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Is this okay?:

http://www.fungaljungal.org/image/2001-04-25-mushroom.jpg

The person appears to be holding a basket full of morels (Morchella esculenta).

I am very envious... :D

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-23-2003 at 04:06 PM GMT]

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-23-2003 at 04:11 PM GMT]

10-23-2003 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
How did I guess you'd be the one to get this picture? :)

It's certainly good enough. You're up.

10-23-2003 at 04:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Schik wrote:
How did I guess you'd be the one to get this picture? :)
Hmm... I have no idea :)

Alright. Find me a picture of a circular rainbow (No cartoons).

10-23-2003 at 04:29 PM
Oneiromancer
That was pretty easy

Find me...a picture of two praying mantises fighting (okay if faked, but it has to look good).

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-23-2003 at 06:12 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
What about this?

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "looking good" (or, for that matter, as a "picture" ) .

Eytan

[Edited by eytanz on 10-23-2003 at 07:23 PM GMT: Accidental smiley]

10-23-2003 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Hmmm...I actually meant a photograph. That is, either a photo of two praying mantises fighting, or someone who Photoshopped this together but it looks real. And yes, I do have a picture in mind, so at least one does exist.

Sorry for the confusion...your link is neat though.

Game on,

10-23-2003 at 07:33 PM
eytanz
Heh... I wasn't really expecting that to be accepted. Figured it was worth a shot, though.

10-24-2003 at 02:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Oh, actually, I wasn't accepting it...sorry for the confusion. I just said it was neat, not that it was okay. :D But to keep the game moving along, go ahead and put your own up. This is more like what I had in mind, although there are probably better ones out there.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 10-24-2003 at 02:16 AM GMT]

10-24-2003 at 02:15 AM
eytanz
Oops... Actually, I didn't think it was accepted - I just meant that I wasn't surprised by that.

Though to be honest, the picture you posted doesn't seem very real to me - for one, the shadows are all wrong. And then, those are really big mantises. And both praying mantises are supposed to be black belts, but anyone can see that the one on the right is the vastly superior fighter :P ...

Anyway, since I got passed the baton a bit undeservably I'll keep it easy - find me a photo (real) of a flying fish.

10-24-2003 at 02:27 AM
Oneiromancer
Whatever. It was a pretty hard one anyway. Continuity is better than cussedness.

Game on,

10-24-2003 at 03:02 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
here's a page with several pictures of flying fish.

Now, find me a picture of someone with many many hot dogs in his mouth.

[Edited by DiMono on 10-24-2003 at 04:17 AM GMT]

[Edited by DiMono on 10-24-2003 at 04:22 AM GMT]

10-24-2003 at 04:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
The picture I found is a bit small, so here is a link to the page it's from which makes it clear what is shown.

Find me a man or woman playing more than one musical instrument at the same time.

[Edited by eytanz on 10-24-2003 at 08:47 PM GMT]

10-24-2003 at 08:47 PM
DiMono
I guess that's okay given context, but I was sort of hoping for a picture of the guy who can dislocate his jaw and stick 40 hot dogs in his mouth at once. Saw it on Ripley's Believe It Or Not once :)

10-25-2003 at 04:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Just to clarify, do you count the voice as an instrument? Many people that I know do.

10-25-2003 at 07:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
How is this picture of a man using contraptions to play three instruments at once?

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

10-25-2003 at 07:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Noah - that's the sort of thing I was looking for, you're on now :)

10-25-2003 at 01:46 PM
NoahT
Okay then....

Find me a photo of a dog playing the piano (something I first saw on AFV, or America's Funniest Home Videos :):P:D).

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 10-26-2003 at 05:58 AM GMT: Clarification]

My stuff:

10-26-2003 at 04:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
How's this?

Find me a picture of a moose making a snow angel

[Edited by DiMono on 10-26-2003 at 07:11 AM GMT]

10-26-2003 at 06:08 AM
NoahT
DiMono wrote:
How's this?

Find me a picture of a moose making a snow angel

Jackpot! Just the photo that gave me the idea, DiMono. It's your turn with your snow angel-making moose (nice idea :D).

-Noah

My stuff:

10-26-2003 at 06:16 AM
DiMono
Yeah, the one I'm challenging with will be hard, but I'm trying to draw attention to a really great website that houses just such a picture.

Hint: it's a cartoon, not a real moose

10-26-2003 at 04:03 PM
DiMono
This site houses just such a picture.

New challenge: Find me a picture of a dead bull.

10-31-2003 at 02:48 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Dead Bull

Find me a picture of someone reading a book upside-down.

"Oook!"
10-31-2003 at 04:40 PM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Upside down

Ok so its a fake but still its a good one. Does this count?
11-01-2003 at 12:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
That link forwards you to a kind of green disgusted smiley face. Want to repost it?

Game on,

11-01-2003 at 12:39 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578

File: bushbook.jpg (31.4 KB)
Downloaded 110 times.
License: Other
Really? Its fine for me. I'vecopied it and will attach it though I don't know why it doesn't work for you.
11-01-2003 at 04:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
It's weird, at the top of the browser window it gives the www.snopes.com address, but the link in the address bar is this: http://www.ulrp.com/club21.gif . So I don't know why it redirects me. And this is on two (edit: now three) different computers, although all are Windows XP running IE 6.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 11-01-2003 at 08:28 AM GMT]

11-01-2003 at 06:52 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Worked fine for me.

Matt

11-01-2003 at 07:29 AM
Page 4 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Scavenger Hunt
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com