Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Scavenger Hunt
Page 3 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
IP: Logged
icon Re: Scavenger Hunt (0)  
eytanz wrote:
I'm hoping this image qualifies, even though most of the person isn't shown.
No problem. It's clear that's what it's meant to be, that's the important thing.

"Oook!"
10-17-2003 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
Get me...a winking tar mother!

(Sorry, I had to pay tribute to Eytan's classic avatar. It's great!)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-17-2003 at 07:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
krammer wrote:
eytanz wrote:
I'm hoping this image qualifies, even though most of the person isn't shown.
No problem. It's clear that's what it's meant to be, that's the important thing.

Especially since the text explains it :)

Ok - here's the next one - find a picture of a misspelt roadsign.

And Mike - thanks :)

10-17-2003 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1138
How's this (assuming you meant "mispelled road sign," since Google corrected the spelling of my search to that)?

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

10-18-2003 at 06:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
The problem is, for us, it's not immediately obvious that the sign is misspelled. Even though that's what the Google search gave you, it needs to be apparent to us, like a red octagonal sign that says SOTP.

But hey, it's up to eytanz...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-18-2003 at 07:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
How about these?

(Hmm...I'm thinking this is bad grammar rather than misspelling...but enjoyable nonetheless...)

10-18-2003 at 04:43 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Yeah, but they're fake.

I did find one painted on a wall on my holiday pointing out the "Art Gallerry" over the road, but didn't take a photo because quaint's not interesting. Dumbass.

I do have one where they forgot the '.' on Mr., but I doubt that counts.

Matt

10-18-2003 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Ok, seems this was harder than I intended.

Noah - I have no idea what that sign is supposed to say, so there's no real way to know if it's misspelt (or misspelled, for the American crowd). Could you explain, or did you find it by a search (in which case, it may be properly spelt?)

Mike - Since these images were obviously deliberately made out to look this way, I think we can't call this misspelling.

Anyway, I'll wait a while more to see if anyone can find an unambiguous one, and if not I'll think up a new search.

10-18-2003 at 06:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Well, here's an example of what I was referring to, although I have no way of knowing if it was faked or not.

This is one that is a genuine misspelling.

So, for me, please find a cat (a real, live one) hanging from the ceiling.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-18-2003 at 07:26 PM
eytanz
Oneiromancer wrote:
Well, here's an example of what I was referring to, although I have no way of knowing if it was faked or not.

This is one that is a genuine misspelling.

Actually, the first would have been enough - the difference between Mike's examples and your first one is that, even if it is a fake, it's a fake made deliberately to look like a misspelling. While Mike's are fakes made deliberately to look like someone chose to incorporate the "All Your Base Are Belong to Us" motto in them.

10-18-2003 at 08:27 PM
Oneiromancer
Actually, when looking for the second link I found a picture of one of the signs that was used for the All Your Base stuff before it was modified. I think it was a sign for a hand car wash in the middle of a flood or something like that.

Game on,

10-18-2003 at 10:04 PM
Mattcrampy
I've seen another one that was modified to say "All Your Base" which I'm not sure is fake or not - the road workers painting 'Shcool' onto the road.

As to the current one, I can find it just so long as I can get my hands on a cat and some duct tape.

Matt

10-19-2003 at 09:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Wait, does this count?

Matt

10-19-2003 at 10:29 AM
StuartK
Rank Points: 564

File: DIPSTICKS.jpg (206.4 KB)
Downloaded 123 times.
License: Other
Mattcrampy wrote:
I've seen another one that was modified to say "All Your Base" which I'm not sure is fake or not - the road workers painting 'Shcool' onto the road.

I don't have a weblink for it, so see attachment :)

In general, it seems really easy to fake signs. This one too, maybe.

[Edited by StuartK on 10-19-2003 at 03:34 PM GMT]
10-19-2003 at 04:29 PM
Mattcrampy
True, but it'd be an impressive fake, mostly because of that template.

Incidently, I'm getting a hankering for a cockeyed.com-style prank. This is when smart people lock their doors and hide.

Matt

10-19-2003 at 04:46 PM
eytanz
I think it's a fake then probably the "OOL" part is real, and either the picture was taken in the middle of the painting job and the "SHC" part was added on, or somehow quite masterfully exchanged the H and the C (unlikely).

10-19-2003 at 04:52 PM
eytanz
Mattcrampy wrote:
Incidently, I'm getting a hankering for a cockeyed.com-style prank. This is when smart people lock their doors and hide.

Matt

I looked over these pranks - they're quite cool! Another website with similar prank adventures is alltooflat.com - that has the distinction of having a prank I actually saw the result of in my day-to-day life (the Astor place cube); which was nice since it was only up for one day.

[Edited by eytanz on 10-19-2003 at 05:07 PM GMT]

10-19-2003 at 05:05 PM
Oneiromancer
Mattcrampy wrote:
Wait, does this count?

Er, I don't know, it's hard to tell what's exactly happening there. It does appear that the cat may be hanging from something, but the camera also could have been rotated. I couldn't easily find that picture from just browsing the general website, so I didn't see any accompanying text. That would be helpful.

I think I'll let it go a while longer before I decide if yours is good enough or if I just give a new item to hunt.

Game on,

10-19-2003 at 06:04 PM
Oneiromancer
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, cockeyed.com is a great place. My favorite articles are the "How much is Inside?" ones. They are quite amusing, and also cater to my scientific sensibilities. I also found his vacation journal to Europe and Africa to be interesting, although not as funny as everything else.

Game on,

10-20-2003 at 02:59 AM
Oneiromancer
Erg...why did I have to be the first to pick a really hard one...okay, find me a kitten/cat running through a field that is NOT being chased by Domo-kun. :D

And sorry for the cat themes, I'll switch next time.

Game on,

10-20-2003 at 05:17 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5416
Hmmm... if I make take that request any way I want it.... how about this? :)

10-20-2003 at 08:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
I wouldn't say that CAT is running...although I don't know what the verb is for vehicles with treads. ;) Anyway, you have amused me, so you may continue and choose a topic. (We need a king smiley.)

Game on,

10-20-2003 at 08:32 PM
Schik
Glad I could amuse you. :)

Find me a picture of a man holding a 2-liter bottle of Mountain Dew.

10-20-2003 at 08:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Quick, break out the cameras!

Matt

10-21-2003 at 07:43 AM
Schik
Either this was too tough, or people are bored with this topic. Here is an example of what I was looking for.

Now an easy one to see if it is just that people are bored: Find me a picture of someone dressed up as some sort of food for halloween.

10-22-2003 at 04:06 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Pumpkin Costume

Ok then... find me a picture containing the picture itself. (You know - a picture in which you can see the same picture, in which...)

"Oook!"
10-22-2003 at 07:08 PM
mrimer
Wait a second...no one eats jack-o-lanterns...is something no one eats still considered food? :huh

10-22-2003 at 08:11 PM
Oneiromancer
People don't eat banana peels, but you wouldn't say that dressing up as a banana isn't dressing up as a food item. People eat pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie, etc., all the time, and I bet people also eat some of the other stuff in there too. Pumpkins are basically a kind of squash (right?), which people eat all the time.

Game on,

10-22-2003 at 08:41 PM
Schik
Mehh... pumpkin pie.... close enough for me. Heck, I probably would have accepted a tube of toothpaste.

10-22-2003 at 08:44 PM
mrimer
(I'm just being nit-picky here, so my comments can be taken lightly) I have no problem with people eating pumpkins...my issue is with some dressing up as a jack-o-lantern, which, as I understand, no one ever eats.

10-22-2003 at 10:29 PM
Page 3 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Scavenger Hunt
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com