Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Descending Into The Catacombs (Scripts-Tests)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

4.5/10 (24 votes)
σ 1.53
Author Name:SuperV
Submitted By:vittro
Hold Name:Descending Into The Catacombs
Theme:Scripts-Tests
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:2
Number of Rooms:8
Number of Monsters:132
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.0)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:-1 (+0 / -1)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Descending Into The Catacombs.hold (3.6 KB)
Downloaded 1339 times.
License: Other
icon Descending Into The Catacombs  
Just a little hold I made for test some of TCB graphical features or new elements. Enjoy. And, yes. Maybe there will be a sequel.
04-10-2007 at 04:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
icon Re: Descending Into The Catacombs (0)  
Not too bad. But, if you're going to test TCB's features, leave that to Architecture or Schik. I feel like this was rushed just to be the first TCB hold.
04-10-2007 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
tokyokid wrote:
Not too bad. But, if you're going to test TCB's features, leave that to Architecture or Schik. I feel like this was rushed just to be the first TCB hold.
I'm with Tokyokid on this. Eight rooms doesn't especially do much for me; there's just not much here that's new or interesting.
04-11-2007 at 01:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Rank Points: 479
Basically this is the first TCB hold. I submitted it to HAs before anyone submit his hold to architecture :)

04-11-2007 at 06:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
icon Re: Descending Into The Catacombs (+1)  
vittro wrote:
Basically this is the first TCB hold. I submitted it to HAs before anyone submit his hold to architecture :)
Yeah, but why?
04-11-2007 at 07:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Rank Points: 479
admin wrote:
Just a little hold I made for test some of TCB graphical features or new elements. Enjoy. And, yes. There will be a sequel.

04-11-2007 at 08:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Architecture is a MUCH better place for a hold that tests something. In fact, unlike the Holds board, the Architecture board is actually an appropriate place for a hold like this.

[Last edited by Kevin_P86 at 04-11-2007 08:37 PM]
04-11-2007 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Right--I didn't ask "why would you make this hold" per se, to which the answer is "testing elements etc."; what I was really asking was, why did you upload it to the Holds board?
04-11-2007 at 09:02 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
it would have been ideal to leave this on architecture - the test would have come off just as well that way, and this hold was really really really short... left on arch, you could have added the catacombs and then this would have been a fun intro level.

04-12-2007 at 04:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1226
icon Re: Descending Into The Catacombs (+1)  
This is a nice, short hold showcasing a few of TCBs elements. Nothing too special, but not tedious or boring either.

1.5 for brains and 6 for fun.
08-11-2009 at 05:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Interesting... very short, I wasn't sure what was going on with the story. A few of the puzzles were enjoyable but that last room really annoyed me. The lack of a save point meant I /almost/ beat it 3 or 4 times and then just had to reset the room. So for that I'll have to lower the score. 4/10 for me.

06-13-2011 at 05:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Descending Into The Catacombs (Scripts-Tests) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com