Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Conquered secrets? (Mastered...but not.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
IP: Logged
icon Conquered secrets? (0)  
There's one secret room I haven't beaten in TCB. However, I was still granted access to beyond the master wall, after beating all other secrets. I have no idea what could have occurred. I know at one point, level RD had told me that I had 3/3 secrets, when I only had conquered 1. This is likely buggy behavior.

04-05-2007 at 03:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Erppo
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
icon Re: Conquered secrets? (0)  
Same problem here. The master wall opened even though I still have 3 unconquered secret rooms. When looking those levels in the restore screen the text in the bottom says "Secrets conquered 1/1" and I just noticed I can actually download demos for those rooms!

EDIT: Just noticed little more weirdness. Archival catacombs 1E is shown in the restore screen as conquered but unlike the other rooms, I can't download demos for it.

[Last edited by Erppo at 04-07-2007 12:57 AM]
04-07-2007 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I wonder - did either of you use the demo before the full version?
04-07-2007 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Erppo
coppro wrote:
I wonder - did either of you use the demo before the full version?

Nope, never even downloaded the demo.
04-07-2007 at 12:48 AM
zex20913
I did use the demo, but met up with no problems on the demo levels.

Also, the Hold Mastered! banner showed up with pretty much every room I reconquered for HS purposes.

04-07-2007 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
I haven't conquered the hold yet, but when I look on the restore screen, both the 'explored' and 'secrets found' count are higher than they should be. Ie, 'explored' shows more rooms than exist on the minimap, and 'secrets found' shows more than 0, even when I haven't found any. I hope this is fixed relatively quickly, since I want to actually make sure I solve them all before getting past the master wall.
04-07-2007 at 08:33 AM
zex20913
A good way to check that is to go to your "My Stats" page, scroll down to TCB, and click on the X/Y bit. There, you'll see all of the rooms that you haven't uploaded.

04-07-2007 at 02:37 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I too am a "victim" of the mastering TCB too early bug. ;) I had just finished the western most secret room in Torture Chambers, and the hold mastered message came up. I still had at least two more secret rooms left they were the western most secret room in River Dugan and the secret room in the second Interlude.
04-07-2007 at 06:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
A note: This problem can be fixed by creating a new player and importing saves. You will be appropriately cut down to size and forced to explore as nature intended.
04-09-2007 at 09:45 PM
Erppo
Abbyzzmal wrote:
A note: This problem can be fixed by creating a new player and importing saves. You will be appropriately cut down to size and forced to explore as nature intended.

Seems so. I believe this bug can be made to appear by importing an old JtRH player. My imported player also has one user-made hold that I had conquered but not mastered in JtRH and it now shows all secrets conquered.
04-10-2007 at 01:12 AM
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
Actually, it turns out that solution is only temporary. After a little while, the refreshed file will start acting funny again, saying you've been everywhere, done everything. I've still got my whole life ahead of me!
04-10-2007 at 02:43 AM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
I'm seeing this too. I never downloaded the demo. I created a whole new player (did not import my player from JtRH), and I have not downloaded any user made holds. I was pretty confident that I had left most if not all secret rooms to do until after I completed TCB proper, but when I did finally finish it said I had conquered 96% of the secrets. I know that's way way way off. Plus, I just found a secret room that I haven't beaten and I have no demo for it, but the restore screen says I've finished 2/2 secrets for that level (Abyssian Fortress)

Incidently... I haven't even found the master wall yet. :-)

04-11-2007 at 11:37 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Conquered secrets? (+1)  
Me too. I thought I had completed TCB (Restore screen showed 100% explored, all secret rooms conquered, except for "Twenty Fifth Level") and saw the "Hold Mastered" banner. But I have yet to find the master wall.

In looking around for it, I've discovered some story rooms I hadn't yet visited. For example, I didn't know that you could step backwards from Infohut back to the High Path. Upon returning from the high path, I got the "Hold Mastered" banner again. Then I found three more rooms in Rooted Hub, including the "5000 times" secret room. "Hold Mastered" came up again when I returned from that secret room.

In my case so far, the rooms not counted correctly were all story rooms, not rooms where Beethro had to fight.
04-13-2007 at 11:12 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
This might be related as well. I just found an extra room in Infohut that I never new about before (Once East) but my restore screen said I had explored 100% of that level before I found it.
04-13-2007 at 03:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
stigant wrote:
I was pretty confident that I had left most if not all secret rooms to do until after I completed TCB proper, but when I did finally finish it said I had conquered 96% of the secrets.
If it adds anything, my incorrect secret count upon conquering was 96%, and I think I heard someone else mention the same thing in the chat.

04-13-2007 at 03:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
I found a problem: when you watch a demo in 3.0, your player gets marked as having explored and conquered the rooms that are marked as explored and conquered in the demo. Silly, eh? So...has anyone experiencing this problem not watched a demo from someone else where they might have already conquered the secret room(s) you haven't done yet? (This doesn't mean you had to have watched a demo specifically for the secret room(s) you've missed, but rather just for any demo where the author had conquered the room before the point where the demo was recorded.)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 04-13-2007 08:35 PM]
04-13-2007 at 08:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
mrimer wrote:
I found a problem: when you watch a demo in 3.0, your player gets marked as having explored and conquered the rooms that are marked as explored and conquered in the demo. Silly, eh? So...has anyone experiencing this problem not watched a demo from someone else where they might have already conquered the secret room(s) you haven't done yet?
I just tested this now, and I can confirm this to be the case. After going through and randomly watching demo's from other secret rooms, rooms that I have not completed have been marked as completed.
04-14-2007 at 03:36 AM
Remlin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 181
mrimer wrote:
So...has anyone experiencing this problem not watched a demo from someone else where they might have already conquered the secret room(s) you haven't done yet?

I'm having this problem in Flibbet's Flourish. I'd just started the first room in the third level when I happened to notice the restore screen claiming I'd explored 9 and found 2 secrets on that level. It also claimed I'd found a secret on the second floor, which I hadn't. I have not watched any demos for Flibbet's Flourish. In fact, I haven't watched any demos through TCB at all.

The one thing I can think of that I did slightly weird was at one point I restored to an earlier point in the hold (which had fewer completed rooms), and then played on and completed the hold from that point.

04-15-2007 at 10:54 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
I found a problem: when you watch a demo in 3.0, your player gets marked as having explored and conquered the rooms that are marked as explored and conquered in the demo.
Oooof, that's pretty insidious. I don't know how you found that, but I would never have thought to connect those two things. I have indeed watched several demos from other players, so this could be causing my problem.

04-16-2007 at 01:35 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
stigant wrote:
I found a problem: when you watch a demo in 3.0, your player gets marked as having explored and conquered the rooms that are marked as explored and conquered in the demo.
Oooof, that's pretty insidious. I don't know how you found that, but I would never have thought to connect those two things. I have indeed watched several demos from other players, so this could be causing my problem.
Just a lucky case of knowing the code like the back of my hand (since I wrote it). No one else could have guessed that. And it sounds like there's other wierdness going on for other people, but I'm not sure what's causing that. Finding that will probably have to wait for the first patch so we can narrow down possible suspects first.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-16-2007 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
*BUMP!*

Aparently, this is still a problem in 3.1.0.54, as reported here.
10-29-2007 at 10:35 PM
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3117
schep's already been investigating it. Here's the thread itself.
10-30-2007 at 01:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Conquered secrets? (Mastered...but not.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com