Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : When you were younger...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon When you were younger... (0)  
Alright, let's discuss of stuff we did when we were young.

One particular event was, in the summer, I took off my bathing suit and walked around without any clothes! I was a baby back then, though, and we lived in countryside...

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

03-16-2007 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
icon Re: When you were younger... (0)  
I once was in a chess club years ago and I really thought that I was very, very good, then I tried to play a game with someone who was a few years older than me, I said that I was very good and that it wouldn't be easy to defeat me etc. and then... I've got beaten in 3 turns! it was shocking for me and I learned not to underestimate my enemy and that I wasn't that good at chess.

03-16-2007 at 08:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Timo006 wrote:
I learned not to underestimate my enemy and that I wasn't that good at chess.
It most definitely takes some skill to lose a chess game in 3 turns... ;) (Unless you deliberately suicide and the opponent happens to make the correct moves at the same time, it just won't happen)
03-16-2007 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
Rank Points: 518
Doom wrote:
It most definitely takes some skill to lose a chess game in 3 turns... ;) (Unless you deliberately suicide and the opponent happens to make the correct moves at the same time, it just won't happen)
Actually it's a quite easy trick, however you can easily prevent your enemy from defeating you in 3 turns.

03-16-2007 at 09:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
You realize this topic formulation is a bit odd coming from someone that from the perspective of most on this forum still is a child. When I was younger I was your age ;)
03-16-2007 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Me, i am speaking of when I was a young young child (say 0 to 5 years)

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

03-16-2007 at 09:22 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Yes. I know. But when most of us here think of "when we where younger" I think we will picture ourselves at aproximatly your age.
03-16-2007 at 09:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
When I was younger, I once stood up on a swing, rocked it a bit, and jumped off. Then I looked up, and got smacked in the head by the swing, and bled on my shoes when I ran back to the house. Contrary to expectations, I think I might be smarter because of that... or maybe not. :/
03-16-2007 at 09:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Oh well. I just think of myself being 0-5 years.

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

03-16-2007 at 10:23 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Well, when I was young I made the mistake of watching Disney's "The Black Hole"... I guess my mum never saw me that scared before... :lol

(Then again, I just saw Pan's Labyrinth and found it rather average - I guess I was frightened a lot easier in those days... ;))

np: Autobianchi - Endless Blue Sky (Leichtes Hören Teil 1)

03-16-2007 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594

File: gliding-Rio2007.jpg (59.4 KB)
Downloaded 407 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: When you were younger... (+3)  
When I was younger, I ran off a 520 metre cliff in Rio de Janeiro. :w00t It was the most exhilarating thing I've ever done.
Two days ago I was younger, right?

[Last edited by noma at 03-17-2007 04:59 AM]
03-17-2007 at 12:35 AM
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Yes . . . :)

03-17-2007 at 03:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
ah, I remember when I was young.

...I graduated college, got married. divorced a couple years later because we weren't really in love, just lust. the mistakes of youth...

(edit: clarification. graduating college wasn't a mistake of youth, just establishing my definition of "young" based on my current advanced age. nearly failing out of college because I was too busy playing games... THAT was a mistake of youth).

[Last edited by silver at 03-17-2007 07:27 AM]
03-17-2007 at 07:25 AM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
When I was younger I was a teenager... Like today.

Right...

When I was younger I...

Always had underweight.
In 4th class of primary school (I believe I was... 10/11 years back then) I weighted 25 Kilograms (55 pounds?).. Neat, eh?
Now I'm 60.5 Kilograms(133 pounds?) and I'm 181 centimeters tall (5.93 feet). And I lack 4 kilograms to fit into the lower border of optimal proportion weight-height...

Neat, eh? :D
And I eat really much.

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:45 PM : Going to the keep]
03-17-2007 at 07:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
halyavin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 52
When I were younger (about 11 years old) I with my older friends got lost in German forest :? . I knew only a couple of English words that time. Fortunately, after several hours we found the way back.
03-17-2007 at 07:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Alright, so when I had the chicken pox when I was younger, my mom had to put stuff all over my body. I was white all over my body, even on my hair!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

03-17-2007 at 12:51 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
That reminds me of something myself Jeff_Ray!

When I was younger, about two or three years old, my mother and I were just getting over the Chicken Pox together. Eventually we were well enough that we were able to walk outside again. So we decided to walk out to the mailbox to get the mail. On the way back in though, I tripped and fell on top of the doorjam, biting through my lip, and gaining a few splinters in the process. So we rush to the emergency room, who promptly start to yell at us for bringing me in, because I was crying too much, and had the chicken pox and could get everyone else sick. But what could we do? I was bleeding like crazy from my mouth, and if we didn't come I would have pieces of wood stuck in my mouth still today! But they took me in, and now all I have is a neat scar.
03-17-2007 at 01:24 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
Ezlo wrote:
On the way back in though, I tripped and fell on top of the doorjam, biting through my lip, and gaining a few splinters in the process...and now all I have is a neat scar.
When I was four or five, I had a similar biting-through-lip experience, and I have a scar from that too (naturally). I do remember about bleeding a lot.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-17-2007 at 02:33 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Eh, I was too young to remember it, apparently I was hallucinating during that time anyway, so I wouldn't remember much even if I could. I'm glad though. Wouldn't want to remember it.
03-17-2007 at 03:49 PM
fre3d
Rank Points: 69
icon Re: When you were younger... (+3)  
When I was younger, that is, in my college days, we passed the time playing a very early version of DROD that some of you may be familiar with. This was surely the predecessor of the modern epic we enjoy today.
Gameplay was simple back then. To start we would quietly approach the kitchen of the decrepit all-we-could-afford-in-those-days flat (or dungeon if you will), flip on a light switch and Voila! Smite-time! Weapons were various and moddable, the most popular being a folded up copy of ones' periodical of choice or some type of athletic footwear. Techniques were mostly from the hack and slash school although some had success with the occasional backswipe. Judging by the roach behaviour we were mainly dealing with queens resulting in furious pursuit and work in the corners.
Scoring and Challenges were combined back then, as in, "Hey, I just got two at once! Beat that!" There was no High Score table in the old version. Curiously, no one was ever able to defeat a room. In addition, the rooms would restore themselves overnight back to their start condition. Tough game.
All the while we participated in a lively Discussion Forum favoring terse and to-the point commentary in the order of "Eeww", "Gross", "That's nasty" and "I'm moving tomorrow".
Throw in the wraithwing-like flying things living in the attic, the odd spider, and the evil eyes on a greckle grubbing landlord and you had yourself some good old classic gaming. Apparently copies of this gem abound worldwide but most people, given the opportunity, opt for the updated version so popular today.

[Last edited by fre3d at 03-17-2007 09:10 PM]
03-17-2007 at 09:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
fre3d wrote:
When I was younger, that is, in my college days, we passed the time playing a very early version of DROD that some of you may be familiar with. This was surely the predecessor of the modern epic we enjoy today.
Hmm, do you want to buy my copy for... ah, nostalgia purposes? ;)
03-18-2007 at 01:06 AM
fre3d
Truth be told, I was pretty happy the day I was able to upgrade. Thanx anyway.
03-18-2007 at 01:50 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: When you were younger... (+1)  
When I was younger--no, wait, I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now.
03-19-2007 at 04:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Tahnan wrote:
When I was younger--no, wait, I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now.
I never was that young - just like everybody else... ;)

03-19-2007 at 08:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
fre3d
icon Re: When you were younger... (+2)  
As Mr. Marx liked to say, "I was born at a very early age."
03-19-2007 at 12:22 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : When you were younger...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com