Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Construct The Story
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
IP: Logged
icon Re: Construct The Story (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
It's alright to do it once in a while, just as long as you don't do it too often.

Well, it kind of looks like I'll have too now, as this thread is losing interest.

I wrote:
It was then that Beethro realized the robot resembled someone he knew. It was...

"Cousin Branthro?" Beethro suddenly sat bolt upright. "Is that you, Branthro? What happened?"

"It's a long story," said Branthro. He looked just like the robots that belonged to the goblins, except that his head was unchanged apart it being gray, and he had more gadgets than the other robots.

"So why are you a robot? And how did I get back here in one piece?" Beethro asked.

"Well," said Branthro, "First, some tester backup squad robots and I followed you after you cleared the first room. When I saw you were poisoned, I sent the robots to help. I saw you collapsing after the robots were gone, so I quickly rushed over to the antidote bottle, emptied it down your throat, and stretched my arms to the three untouched switches to remove the last three dart-throwers. Then I talked the supergoblin watching the test into letting me bring you in here to help you get some rest."

"Thanks," said Beethro. "But how did you get in here and become a robot?"

"Well, this morning, I decided to get some fresh air, and went into a forest. Then I could hear some strange machine sound, so headed in its direction and fell right through a trapdoor, then I went unconscious. The next thing I knew, I'd become a robot, and some supergoblins were telling me to lead some backup robots. They told me you were testing and I should be there with the robots to help you if needed. So I lead the robots into the testing area, and sent them to help when you were poisoned. It was a bit stubborn of them to give you the pink tissue at the time, though," Branthro explained.

"Wow, my brain hurts. Anyway, thanks again for helping me, Branthro," said Beethro "Without pink tissue," he added with a snicker.

"I'll explain more later, Beethro. As soon as your done with the test, I tell you what happened with more detail," said Branthro.

"By the way, nice to see you again," said Beethro, grabbing his sword. "Alright. Time to get to the bottom of all this."

"Right," said Branthro as both of them left the the rest room and proceeded to the next part of the test.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

10-26-2003 at 06:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Branthro and Beethro entered the next room. Inside it were giant green creatures flying in the air out of sword range. They surrounded the entrance and started ejecting supergoblins out of little hand-held devices.

The supergoblins charged and attacked from all directions.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-01-2003 at 03:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Just before the supergoblins hit, they suddenly stopped moving. Beethro and Branthro could hear the watching supergoblin talking.

"Before you supergoblins attack, I must tell you that the lead robot could come handy in this test. Tester, since both you and the robot are surrounded by supergoblins, I like to test you to see how well you can fight off supermonsters while protecting someone else. Supergoblins, tie the robot to the wall, then go back to your places," said the supergoblin up top.

The supergoblins grabbed Branthro, pushed him against the wall right next to the room entrance, grabbed a rope from within a compartment on him, punched holes in wall to put the rope through, and tied him to the wall. Beethro stepped out in front of Branthro, and held out his sword, ready to start testing in the room.

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 11-14-2003 at 01:06 AM GMT: Clarification]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

11-14-2003 at 01:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I submit the idea that we begin a new story, with things we know about the Eighth now, as well. This one's kinda...died out.

01-06-2004 at 05:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Hell, I won't be able to participate because I know too much. I'd end up spoiling it.

Matt

01-06-2004 at 07:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
zex20913 wrote:
I submit the idea that we begin a new story, with things we know about the Eighth now, as well. This one's kinda...died out.
Cool. I suggest starting it in a new topic so that people can find the beginning of it easily. If you start it off, I pledge to write at least a couple addendums.

-Erik

01-06-2004 at 08:14 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Construct The Story (-1)  
Yes, let's make another one.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-06-2004 at 05:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
I'm reviving this old thread to allow it to join with the new continuation of it in "Reconstruct The Story"

NoahT wrote:
Just before the supergoblins hit, they suddenly stopped moving. Beethro and Branthro could hear the watching supergoblin talking.

"Before you supergoblins attack, I must tell you that the lead robot could come handy in this test. Tester, since both you and the robot are surrounded by supergoblins, I like to test you to see how well you can fight off supermonsters while protecting someone else. Supergoblins, tie the robot to the wall, then go back to your places," said the supergoblin up top.

The supergoblins grabbed Branthro, pushed him against the wall right next to the room entrance, grabbed a rope from within a compartment on him, punched holes in wall to put the rope through, and tied him to the wall. Beethro stepped out in front of Branthro, and held out his sword, ready to start testing in the room.

The room began to glow with a light as the laser pointer began its movements and materialisation of the monsters. However, the light showed up something in the wall to his right. A small discolouration and some fine lines - after spending so long in deep dungeons, Beethro recognised it instantly - it was a crumbly wall!

Beethro whispered quickly to Branthro that he was going to cut the rope, and that they were going to try to escape through the passage, but a cursory glance backward revealed to Beethro that he was tied up in a metal rope, which Beethro could not cut quickly enough to escape. Branthro said quietly, "You go on - I'll be fine. There's no way you can free me in time to escape."

The monsters were almost complete; Beethro had only a few seconds to decide the course of action to take. He knew that he was the target and not Branthro, so he decided to take the risk that he would be pursued on escaping, and Branthro would be ignored. Turning suddenly, he ran for the wall and ploughed his sword into it. It crumbled, revealing a passage leading off into the darkness. Behind him, the supergoblins were yelling orders, and were running after him, but Beethro was now half-way down the passage, running for his life. At the end of the passage, he tripped over something on the floor. A switch activated and the chamber he was in was flooded with light. The door he had run through without knowing slammed shut, trapping him in a small capsule-like room, and a deafening noise filled Beethro's ears. As Beethro's sight began to fail, he let out one last yell in the hope someone would hear him, and just as his consciousness failed, he felt a peculiar sense of dislocation sweep over him, just as if he was being transported far away in almost no time at all. Beethro fell, unconscious.

03-04-2004 at 11:03 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
When Beethro awoke, he found himself confronted by ten men covered head to toe in black pajamas. He was about to say something, almost overcome with a sense of "what the?" when he also noticed one person covered head to toe in white pajamas.

"Well," thought Beethro in double quotes, "this changes things slightly." With one mighty swing of his sword, the ten black-clad men fell, leaving only the white-pajamad man for him to deal with.

"You're not another one of those supergoblins, are you?" asked Beethro...

03-04-2004 at 11:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
DiMono wrote:
When Beethro awoke, he found himself confronted by ten men covered head to toe in black pajamas. He was about to say something, almost overcome with a sense of "what the?" when he also noticed one person covered head to toe in white pajamas.

"Well," thought Beethro in double quotes, "this changes things slightly." With one mighty swing of his sword, the ten black-clad men fell, leaving only the white-pajamad man for him to deal with.

"You're not another one of those supergoblins, are you?" asked Beethro...

Ummm... I'm so sorry. To stop huge multiple story problems, please continue the story in the "Re-construct The Story" thread, where I've tried to join the two stories back together again.

03-04-2004 at 11:34 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Construct The Story
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com