Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Water and boxs!
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
IP: Logged
icon Re: Water and boxs! (+2)  
After being put through an idiom/slang interpreter engine the sentence "Also beethro must move in a box to pust it, but not SW NW EW W EN SN N ES NS." was translated (with commentary) as follows:

Also Beethro must look inward to move forward*, but not somewhere without words, neither with energy wasted while exploring new sensations, new neuroses, even some new syntax.**

*Approximate translations of the Eighth's expressions "move in a box" and "pust it."

** Usually shortened to: SW NW EW W EN SN N ES NS.

02-25-2007 at 11:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Water and boxs! (0)  
noma wrote:
After being put through an idiom/slang interpreter engine...

Well, I can't justify a +2, because I'm not sure it's a reasonable explanation, but I'm bumping it up a point because it is a terrific one. :-)
02-26-2007 at 12:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
"Also beethro must move in a box to pust it, but not SW NW EW W EN SN N ES NS." Means:

Beethro must enter the box to push it. However, he cannot push it in a diagonal direction, or in the direction he has entered from. He also may not enter from a diagonal direction*.

*Note the lack of four character groups of letters.

Is this correct, Anson?

If it doesn't, then at least it would work if Erik wasn't so against pushable objects (not that I disagree with him on that point).
02-26-2007 at 06:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Someone Else wrote:
"Also beethro must move in a box to pust it, but not SW NW EW W EN SN N ES NS." Means:

Beethro must enter the box to push it. However, he cannot push it in a diagonal direction, or in the direction he has entered from.

An intriguing suggestion, but then why "EW" and not "WE"? (Perhaps he overlooked that.) More crucially, why "W" and "N"?

Since the feature request isn't going to get implemented anyway, does a moderator want to move this thread to Forum Games? :-)
02-26-2007 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
If you check the edit date, you will notice that he hasn't updated that for a while. Pity really, I enjoyed making snide comments in all my posts :D
I will never get to that part. The Maurog Cabal, a group of people which think they work against me but actually work for me, will see to that. Their quest to prolong suffering on the forums is far more evil than my own plans, but as a side-effect the triple-quoters will remain unpunished for an uncertain amount of time. Sorry.

02-26-2007 at 05:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
icon Re: Water and boxs! (+1)  
Maurog wrote:
If you check the edit date, you will notice that he hasn't updated that for a while. Pity really, I enjoyed making snide comments in all my posts :D
I will never get to that part. The Maurog Cabal, a group of people which think they work against me but actually work for me, will see to that. Their quest to prolong suffering on the forums is far more evil than my own plans, but as a side-effect the triple-quoters will remain unpunished for an uncertain amount of time. Sorry.
Uh, yeah... Keep taking the green ones!
02-26-2007 at 06:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
icon Re: Water and boxs! (+1)  
Oh, they are real. At first I thought it's just one person with a grudge against me, but time proved it wrong. You see, to be able to undo all my work that person must be as awesome as me. Well, maybe a bit less, because I do set some points aside to reward people in games, but nevertheless. So let's assume this guy driven by pure hatred dedicates his whole career to getting enough points to undo me. For this theoretical defender of all that is good, it is simply impossible not to contact me saying something on the lines of "Aha, villain! By my sword on this day thou shalt be undone!" But he didn't, therefore he doesn't exit.

So it's a group of people. A well-organized group, because they must coordinate their movements, otherwise I would be able to detect intermediate stages. A secret group, since they are not advertising themselves in any way. And I can give you at least three reasons why their actions are harming the forum, hence they are evil. The Cabal are real I say!

Well, either that, or I just caused a moderator to fall from grace and betray the spirit of the forum. But that's crazy talk.

02-26-2007 at 07:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Maurog wrote:
Oh, they are real.

So it's a group of people. A well-organized group, because they must coordinate their movements, otherwise I would be able to detect intermediate stages. A secret group, since they are not advertising themselves in any way. And I can give you at least three reasons why their actions are harming the forum, hence they are evil. The Cabal are real I say!

Well, either that, or I just caused a moderator to fall from grace and betray the spirit of the forum. But that's crazy talk.
I follow you right up to where the group is plotting. What exactly are they trying to do?
02-27-2007 at 02:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
I'm not sure yet, but it must be something very evil. At the very least stealing our cookies. Or taking over the world.

02-27-2007 at 07:52 AM
NiroZ
Maurog wrote:
I'm not sure yet, but it must be something very evil. At the very least stealing our cookies. Or taking over the world.
And they achieve this by triple posting and inserting blowup smiles, just go get at you, Maurog? Don't you realise that they're after me too?

[Last edited by NiroZ at 02-27-2007 08:35 AM]
02-27-2007 at 08:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
I wonder, if this is because I'm too stupid... Or is it because there are strange people other than me...
But what the hell you all mean? I mean, if it has some deeper meaning in this, other than the normal one... You know, like when you say it is cool and you mean it sucks... So if it really means what it really means then it sounds ok for me... Or else xD

[Last edited by skell at 01-29-2012 08:44 PM : Going to the keep]
02-27-2007 at 02:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
I think the less you know about it, the better. If we tell you, they will be after you too.

02-27-2007 at 02:32 PM
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
Ooh, paranoia! I like the idea of having to ferret out all those secret cameras and wires.. heck, I get to perform! Can I join in?
02-27-2007 at 02:41 PM
NiroZ
BDR wrote:
Ooh, paranoia! I like the idea of having to ferret out all those secret cameras and wires.. heck, I get to perform! Can I join in?

you could be... ONE OF THEM!
02-27-2007 at 09:43 PM
Tahnan
People, people! We're getting off track here!

...no, wait, that's a good thing. Carry on.
02-27-2007 at 09:56 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
[The Maurog Cabal]This is getting too far out of hand. We must stop them from finding out more![/The Maurog Cabal]
02-27-2007 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Uh oh. This seems to be one of those cults where you don't get a choice as to membership.

Click here to view the secret text

02-27-2007 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
This thread isn't just some box you can dump water into.

It's a series of tunnels!
02-28-2007 at 04:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Water and boxs!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com