Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Slaying Slayers (Not a hold, but about exploiting weaknesses in the Slayers logic)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
IP: Logged

File: To kill A Slayer.hold (1.8 KB)
Downloaded 98 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Slaying Slayers (0)  
In a hold I am making there are points where you have to kill the slayer in order to progress in the game. Some of these "exploits" or "weaknesses" are more obvious, such as using an invinsibility potion or using an element that changes the Slayers behaviour. When I found this (see entrance) I did it in my hold with a decoy potion. You needed the decoy potion for something else but you could kill the slayer with it.

I was probably being too thorough in testing it out, but I was considering using a second Slayer which one you had to use its "help" and the other to kill. ;>_>

Anyways I dound that you could kill it a slayer using a wall that it two tiles big. The other rooms I made are just filler really, but the Arrow Room is weird. The Slayer doesn't rotate or steps off the arrow in the move I make to stand next to it even tho' it can walk off it diagonally.

The Ortho rooms, I orginally killed the Slayer differently in each but I couldn't remember how. One way was weird as well. A stepped next to the slayer and landed on the wisp at the same time but it didn't move. Something I need to reproduce to see if I'm not mistaken and it normally does that under those circumstances.

Hold plus demos.

Click here to view the secret text

02-20-2007 at 03:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
IP: Logged

File: Set Peices The Entrance Victory.demo (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 75 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Slaying Slayers (0)  
Demos are here.

I hope this isn't a glitch to worry about and just something to ponder on, because I can't think of many circumstances that you can break a room, unless you had a decoy potion but normally people wouldn't do that...

Click here to view the secret text

02-20-2007 at 03:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Slaying Slayers (Not a hold, but about exploiting weaknesses in the Slayers logic)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com