Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Multiplayer! (Cool!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Anson
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
IP: Logged
icon Multiplayer! (0)  
Multiplayer mode is where there is a world that have differnt Levels, But turns are eliminated :thumbsup
So no turns.
You can also type in messages and chat!
Make a freind list.
And have freinds to help you in the Dungeons!
Hope lot of pepole replie!

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.
Click here to view the secret text

02-10-2007 at 07:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Multiplayer! (0)  
Methinks I have seen this before.

but in reply to your points.
Anson wrote:
Multiplayer mode is where there is a world that have differnt Levels, But turns are eliminated :thumbsup
like an mmo?
So no turns.
being turn based is one of DROD's selling points, why would you want to change that?
You can also type in messages and chat!
Make a freind list.
:huh this is DROD, not msn or xfire.
And have freinds to help you in the Dungeons!
what exactly are freinds? I hope that their like friends, friends are fun to play with!
Hope lot of pepole replie!
:?

[Last edited by NiroZ at 02-10-2007 09:47 AM]
02-10-2007 at 07:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
Um... You don't seriously think that's all you need to say for this idea to work, do you? And so far it sounds like you want to turn DROD into a MMORPG-esque, of which I won't be the first to gag and choke (I have nothing really against them [though the truly good ones are in short supply IMO], but DROD is great as is and doesn't need to be changed into one to become better). At the very least, you want to change the foundations that actually make DROD DROD into something else, which if you want to see happen will require some extremely convincing and compelling arguments (and even then you will get serious opposition), which I am most certainly not seeing here. I'll also repeat the old saying, "Been suggested before many, many, many times, and none of the bugs have been worked through."

EDIT: So, yeah. Post collision.

NiroZ, he's thinking of games like Kingdom of Loathing, where you can select people that you've been chatting with to become chat friends/buddies so that you can always know when they're around and talk to them.

[Last edited by BDR at 02-10-2007 08:04 AM]
02-10-2007 at 07:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
BDR wrote:
NiroZ, he's thinking of games like Kingdom of Loathing, where you can select people that you've been chatting with to become chat friends/buddies so that you can always know when they're around and talk to them.
Maybe someone should just compile a special version of GAIM where the word "GAIM" is replaced with "DROD:IM" everywhere...

np: Bola - 01706 (0161)

02-10-2007 at 09:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I recall having a discussion with Schik about a DROD MMO. Of course, this shouldn't be taken as 'Schik has been thinking about it', as it was merely one of many topics we have had discussions on.

His dogs are fine, by the way.

02-10-2007 at 11:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
Not the first time we've seen this. But the turn-based quality of DROD makes DROD... well... DROD! Taking that out would ruin the game.

Keep posting,

02-12-2007 at 08:03 PM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
UrAvgAzn wrote:
Taking that out would ruin the game.

Keep posting,

Not ruin it, just make it different. On a big scale.

02-12-2007 at 08:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
On a big scale such that in a way it would not really be DROD anymore. Granted it might still be fun, but it would take a lot of work to even attempt to make it so (let alone convince DROD fans that this new thingamabobber was still as fun as regular DROD).
02-13-2007 at 04:01 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Multiplayer! (Cool!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com