Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : What happened to Jordan?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
IP: Logged
icon What happened to Jordan? (0)  
I remember there was once a problem with him having multiple accounts (IIRC), but now he has absolutely disappeared. Every single post but one, snipped from the middle of threads, including the entire Battle Chess Royale discussion thread, are completely gone.
11-19-2006 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
icon Re: What happened to Jordan? (0)  
Wow! How'd that happen?

Keep posting,

11-19-2006 at 12:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
Weird... It was not done by the admins that I'm aware of.

11-19-2006 at 12:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Yeah, this is weird. I guess he must of left the forums for whatever reason, and decided that deleting this posts was the way to go. Its a pity, but people tend to do weird things when they leave a forum.

Hmm, maybe he has privacy concerns or something like that.
11-19-2006 at 12:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Yeah, I have no idea why his posts are removed. Maybe he got upset about something, but I don't know what.

-Erik

11-19-2006 at 12:44 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
That's a lot of work to delete every post, even for a semi-lurker.

11-19-2006 at 01:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
I wonder - someone registered an account called "Youallsuck1111" or summat a few hours ago and started posting profanities in the "What kind of Arnold are you?" thread... could that have been him, in response to something?

(Not that I want to point a finger at anybody, but it does seem like a strange coincidence...)

11-19-2006 at 01:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Is there any way for an admin/moderator to view deleted posts? If so, we could see what made him angry/sad and see if we can help that in any way. We all remember him as a good person and he started Battle Chess Royale which seemed like a pretty fun game.

Keep posting,

11-19-2006 at 02:34 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
UrAvgAzn wrote:
Is there any way for an admin/moderator to view deleted posts? If so, we could see what made him angry/sad and see if we can help that in any way. We all remember him as a good person and he started Battle Chess Royale which seemed like a pretty fun game.

Keep posting,

I suspect there is. In fact, I could compile a list of things I've seen admins do:

* Change which user posted a post - after having posted it.
* View the contents of a post before it was edited - after it was edited.
* Force the spider to recheck every demo it ever trashed.

In fact, I don't think that their server ever deletes ANYTHING.
11-19-2006 at 02:47 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: What happened to Jordan? (+1)  
coppro wrote:
* View the contents of a post before it was edited - after it was edited.
You can view a post before it was edited by getting posts sent by e-mail. IIRC, Oneiromancer has the e-mail-option enabled for some boards.
In fact, I don't think that their server ever deletes ANYTHING.
I think that's exaggerating a bit (unless you're joking). Demos are not deleted, because of their sensitive nature, but I think most other stuff are, such as beta boards for user-made holds (I once asked if such a board could be moved to the Archive-section instead of just disappearing, but it had been deleted, so it was not possible anymore) and (presumably) deleted posts/PMs/attachments.

Edit: Of course, I don't know for sure about the latter, I'm just guessing...

[Last edited by Stefan at 11-19-2006 03:05 AM]
11-19-2006 at 03:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
The only way I could view deleted posts would be to restore an old database from backups. And to be frank, I'm only going to do that if we have a corrupted database or something that requires I do it. I would kinda doubt that viewing his old posts would give us any clues as to why he deleted all of his posts anyways.

11-19-2006 at 03:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Briareos wrote:
I wonder - someone registered an account called "Youallsuck1111" or summat a few hours ago and started posting profanities in the "What kind of Arnold are you?" thread... could that have been him, in response to something?

(Not that I want to point a finger at anybody, but it does seem like a strange coincidence...)
I don't know... If he wanted to get revenge on the community for something that we don't know about, wouldn't he delete the chess thread? Also, didn't he profess to be a profound Christian? I don't know about you, but I think that he would have at least given some acknowledgement to the Grievance.
I would think that he is/was ashamed of something, thus tried to remove himself from this forum.
11-19-2006 at 05:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Here's my take on it: Jordan may or may not have deleted all of his posts to make some kind of point. But say he did. Then it's a melodramatic tactic that I don't feel like giving attention to. He seemed like an okay guy to me. If he had some kind of problem, he can explain it himself. Nobody's obliged to go chase after him or dig into his dark and mysterious past.

-Erik

11-19-2006 at 06:45 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
I just wanted the BCR discussion thread back, mainly (since he created the topic, all our posts were deleted with it). But that seems like it would be tricky to bring back, and its not that important.

[Last edited by TripleM at 11-19-2006 07:00 AM]
11-19-2006 at 06:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Rank Points: 392
Hang on, did Jordan use to go by the name of Party Yoshi?

Because I've been talking to someone with UrAvgAzn, Lst6, Jeff_Ray... and Neather2 called Jordan, and he said last night that he was just downloading DROD again, therefore implying that he left and has now returned. If that's him, then why doesn't one of us just ask him on MSN?

11-19-2006 at 11:12 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Schik wrote:
The only way I could view deleted posts would be to restore an old database from backups.
And there I thought deleted posts were only marked as deleted, and edited posts were being versioned...

Another illusion shattered... :lol

np: Underworld - Winjer (Beaucoup Fish)

11-19-2006 at 11:19 AM
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
...and if it adds to the mystery; he also removed his picture of himself from his avatar. :?
11-19-2006 at 02:51 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: What happened to Jordan? (+1)  
This can mean only one thing... "they" got him! Even the pyramid-shaped tinfoil hat didn't help.

11-19-2006 at 02:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
tokyokid wrote:
...and if it adds to the mystery; he also removed his picture of himself from his avatar. :?
Hmm. I'm pretty sure his avatar was there yesterday...

Keep posting,

11-19-2006 at 06:55 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : What happened to Jordan?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com