Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Beethro Budkin Stars in... (Quick, but hopefully interesting hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
captainzakku
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
IP: Logged

File: Beethro Budkins Stars in.hold (61.7 KB)
Downloaded 70 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Beethro Budkin Stars in... (0)  
This was originally an entry in the One Hour Hold contest, that I realized had some bugs in it, so this is the first shot at fixing some of those problems. I'm also working on extending 1S to encompass the entire room, but that might take a while.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

-Zack

[Last edited by captainzakku at 11-04-2006 12:31 PM : Fixed version now uploaded]
11-04-2006 at 12:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: Beethro Budkin Stars in... (0)  
Scene 1

1s1w- Depending on which space you walk onto the stairs you go to different places.

2s- I don't know if you could force Mr. Bond to walk to the mimic per force because right now you can just stand at the entrance to the room and wait, sort of screwing things up.

2s1e- I'm not sure if entering from the ne should make the room impossible, but it isn't.

Very funny hold. I love the humour!!!
11-04-2006 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
Umh, I like this.

I love The Maze of The Halph, and the Final Tar Thanks, is a Small, Easy but very fun, good. :)

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
11-04-2006 at 07:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
captainzakku
Arg. Sometimes I think I'm more computer literate than I am. What I posted was the original hold, not the fix. So hopefully now the bugs that you mentioned are fixed. Specifically in 2S you should immediately step onto the mimic, and there should be only one location where it can be placed. In addition I hope that 2S 1E is now truly certain death if you enter from the NE.

Thanks
Zack

larrymurk wrote:
Scene 1

1s1w- Depending on which space you walk onto the stairs you go to different places.

2s- I don't know if you could force Mr. Bond to walk to the mimic per force because right now you can just stand at the entrance to the room and wait, sort of screwing things up.

2s1e- I'm not sure if entering from the ne should make the room impossible, but it isn't.

Very funny hold. I love the humour!!!

11-04-2006 at 12:33 PM
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
I enjoyed bits of what I played through, then came back in here to leave a comment or two and read your post above about the fix. I've downloaded it and will play through this version, then leave a comment.

Incidentally, by "two little thingies above the o", do you mean an umlaut? - like this: Erdös. I don't know how you do that in Microsoft (on a mac you press alt-U before the letter), but I'm sure some of the very computer-clever people on this site will be able to tell you.

Elfstone.

11-04-2006 at 01:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
In html, use one of the following 2 html entities (they're equivalent but depends which you find easier to remember :P). They need to be prefixed with & and terminated with ;
ouml

[Last edited by Syntax at 11-04-2006 03:25 PM]
11-04-2006 at 03:24 PM
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Or, in general, you can go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map (in Windows XP, anyways) and find the character you want there.

Or, if you have Microsoft Word (or some similar product), you can find a menu like "Insert -> Symbol", find the one you want, insert it, copy it, and paste it where you want it.

11-04-2006 at 06:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
captainzakku
Thanks, that appears to have worked.

Kevin_P86 wrote:
Or, in general, you can go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map (in Windows XP, anyways) and find the character you want there.

Or, if you have Microsoft Word (or some similar product), you can find a menu like "Insert -> Symbol", find the one you want, insert it, copy it, and paste it where you want it.

11-07-2006 at 04:12 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Beethro Budkin Stars in... (Quick, but hopefully interesting hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com