Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Dugan's Dungeon Revisited
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
IP: Logged

File: DDR Downward Descent 1S Victory.demo (705 bytes)
Downloaded 133 times.
License: Other
icon Re: New Hold: Dugan's Dungeon Revisited (+1)  
There was a demo somewhere, but I can't find the specific thread. Anyway, here it is (it's Mike's own demo).

Basically, it is a matter of pure luck (or *very* comprehensive planning of serpent moves), and it can be tough to get that serpent to move as you wish.

(A nice opportunity to test special license options too)
10-30-2005 at 08:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
Alneyan wrote:
There was a demo somewhere, but I can't find the specific thread. Anyway, here it is (it's Mike's own demo).

Basically, it is a matter of pure luck (or *very* comprehensive planning of serpent moves), and it can be tough to get that serpent to move as you wish.

It's not so hard if you know what you're looking for. It may be hard to describe now, because I do it from memory...
1. Get the serpent to follow you. Lead it to the lowest right blob of tar.
2. Go to a place behind the wall - near the room entrance. Try to get tar babies temporarily blocked by serpent's body. For this to work, you have to lead the serpent close to wall (corner).
3. Make sure serpent won't follow you too far. Tar baby should be stuck behind the horizontal wall in left-middle part of map. This lets you to create a serpent trap at the corner. You need only 1 tar baby for this.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
10-30-2005 at 10:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
Sure, *knowing* what to do is relatively straightforward: actually doing it is another matter, because of how serpents move around. I gather the Wizard recognised it was something like that in his last post on this thread.

Of course, having trouble with the concepts of finesse and subtlety doesn't help, either: I'm the kind of delver who drools when seeing a throng on goblins, and shivers in fear at the mere sight of a lone serpent waiting to be lured someplace in the room.
10-30-2005 at 10:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : New Hold: Dugan's Dungeon Revisited
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com