Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Avatar Wars! (Fight with your avatar!)
<<16171819
Page 20 of 24
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
IP: Logged
icon Re: Avatar Wars! (0)  
My cats catch the stuff in their cups and give it to the next poster disguised as tea.

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
07-03-2009 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
icon Re: Avatar Wars! (+1)  
Limecat, our brave and cat-like hero slowly tests the tea with his paw, and then drinks.

Now, note that no one has heard Limecat actually express anything verbally before, however a low voice, clearly coming from the cat echoes through the room:

"A tad weak if you ask me".

Suddenly the walls crumble and the ground shakes. The oceans rise, then fall, and then are gone, what land is left topples into the great, fiery crater, as the land reaches lower and lower altitudes, the ground begins shattering due to the sheer air pressure exerted on it.

The site is strangely beautiful, however no one can see it. No one except for the next poster that is, who is standing on a round and sturdy yet small piece of land miraculously still intact.

[Last edited by Snacko at 07-04-2009 04:31 AM]
07-03-2009 at 05:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
game over, Snacko wins

Giegue returns to space in his ship, leaving the playing field.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 07-03-2009 06:08 PM]
07-03-2009 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Edit: Whoops, ocean's gone, hang on.

Luckily, I'm still floating above the planet in my lovely lovely spaceship. Good thing I ended day!

I go to the land of the electroplankton and toss a purple pikmin at the next poster.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 07-03-2009 06:36 PM]
07-03-2009 at 06:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bigwig
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
Kirby inhales pikmin and gets pimin ability. Kirby grows a flower on his head and next poster is stunned at the beauty of the flower.
07-03-2009 at 11:35 PM
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
Stick figure has no emotion.
Stick figure aims a pebble launcher at the next poster. Next poster is annoyed, charges stick figure, and accidentally gets a pebble lodged in his/her/its eye.

[Last edited by Monkey at 07-04-2009 12:40 AM]
07-04-2009 at 12:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Oh wow there goes half the camera.

Ah well, not that big a deal.

I grab a pebble in mid air and toss it at the next poster.

07-04-2009 at 12:52 AM
Snacko
The pebble, miraculously, hits Limecat. He is not pleased, yet after the day's events, he has learned that there are perhaps more important things than making it known you are not pleased. As he walks he notices, for the first time, the complex patterns formed by the life preserving star we call the sun, and then creates many shapes to change the light.

Over the years he played with the beautiful force that he had never noticed before, reflecting it, refracting it, causing it to split into a breathtakingly clear palette of colors, and then blocking it, delighted at the cool shade. He pondered the fact that he could take such pleasure in both the presence and the relative absence of this force, and quickly realized that there is not anything objectively wonderful in life. He considered being depressed about this, but instead decided that it meant he could make a world all the more whole.

He next created water. The water was the catalyst for the last world's destruction, and he knew that it was the basis of most life, especially what he was interested in. Perhaps the others would mock him, the lonely, sentimental old cat who played with energy for a century. He didn't care, he could create something worth creating ,could do something worth doing.

He next created the next poster, and he loved that poor, stupid creature though he could not speak to it, as he knew what would happen should he break his silence.

Instead the cat stood, looking down at his world, loving it though he knew it was not the world. He had been selfish, destroying and creating all kinds of matter for his amusement.

As he looked upon his world, the cat felt an unfamiliar feeling: a tinge of regret as he suddenly realized he was looking at nothing but a dream within a dream within a dream...

[Last edited by Snacko at 07-04-2009 08:37 AM]
07-04-2009 at 05:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Bigwig
Unsurprisingly, Limecat is in dreamland, the country on the planet Popstar where kirby lives. Kirby, being the arsonist that he is, sets fire to a petrol station while is Limecat is refueling his moped that he just created. The petrol station explodes propelling Limecat and his moped towards the next poster.

[Last edited by Bigwig at 07-04-2009 09:52 AM]
07-04-2009 at 09:50 AM
Sillyman
Commence juggling the Limecat.

The moped, however, misses by a large margin and keeps flying. At the next poster.

[Last edited by Sillyman at 07-04-2009 05:46 PM]
07-04-2009 at 05:46 PM
Snacko
It is vaguely upsetting when you write a parable only to have someone cling onto the last sentence and put it in terms they understand.

[Last edited by Snacko at 07-04-2009 07:59 PM]
07-04-2009 at 07:59 PM
Sillyman
It is concretely upsetting when you interrupt a forum game for the purposes of entertainment because people are ignoring your pretentiousness.

(oh hey modpoint analogy)

.... can we get back now?

07-04-2009 at 08:15 PM
Bigwig
"Clung onto the last sentence? What do you mean?", said kirby whilst attacking the next poster with a frying pan.

[Last edited by Bigwig at 07-04-2009 09:03 PM]
07-04-2009 at 09:00 PM
Snacko
"If you think anything that attempts in any way to be affecting pretentious, that's your fault. I was indicating the folly of those in power: the desire to recreate the past, and the isolation from the present this creates," explains Limecat to the next poster before the pan is immediately blown apart by the power of his lime, "if you think anything in this style is inherently self-important, then you've immediately disqualified a great deal of very well respected writing".

07-04-2009 at 09:49 PM
Bigwig
Click here to view the secret text
Click here to view the secret text

Kirby reads some maths past papers

[Last edited by Bigwig at 07-04-2009 10:15 PM]
07-04-2009 at 10:13 PM
Monkey
While Kirby is reading math papers, stick figure slowly relocates Kirby into a volcano. Now done with Kirby, stick figure uses stick figure's helmet as a thermite container, lights it on fire, puts it next to the next poster, and runs.
Then I appear out of nowhere and slap stick figure for rehashing one of my attacks from the stabbing game, just with a helmet and not a knife. :P

[Last edited by Monkey at 07-05-2009 03:34 AM : no, not termites :P]
07-05-2009 at 03:34 AM
Bigwig
Kirby inhales the whole volcano along with surrounding villages and gets the volcano village ability. He uses it and creates a village where volcanos can live in harmony with Humans. But kirby, being the arsonist that he is, steals a B52 from a US airbase in North Carolina and flies over america dropping bombs randomly. Then kirby, being the mastermind that he is, realises he can't fly a B52 and parachutes out of it. sending the B52 flying towards the next poster....and kirby's volcano village.
07-05-2009 at 09:04 AM
Snacko
Limecat looks at the aircraft, not registering that if it hit, terrible things would happen.

Then Mr. T appears and pities the fool who tried to be a terrorist and then walks off, but accidentally collides with the next poster.

07-06-2009 at 08:13 AM
Monkey
Stick figure gets run into for two damage. Stick figure casts Cure Light Wounds, and all is well.

Then suddenly, the ASCII mage that's next to stick figures invokes a mana storm on the next poster. Whether his possessions will be identified is yet to be known.

07-06-2009 at 08:46 AM
B.J.Earles
Rank Points: 18
Mana Storm hits Scroll Mimic! Scroll Mimic is unaffected! A Potion of Strength explodes! Scroll Mimic looks *REALLY* healthy!
Scroll Mimic bites next poster! It was a *GREAT* hit!
07-08-2009 at 07:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
My alien, because of his extremely resistant skin doesn't feel the bite, but knows that he is being bitten, he gets mad and teleports the next poster into oblivion!

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
07-08-2009 at 07:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Monkey
Foolish fool! You don't have the book necessary to cast Teleport Other! And you're only level four anyway! :angry
ASCII mage, however, does (well dur, he should have all the books if he can cast mana storm). And it just turns out that the next poster ends up in a Ancient Multi-Hued Dragon pit. Oh, and a good bit of Master Quylthulgs, for good measure. Stick figure gets ASCII mage popcorn as they watch the next poster get atomized.
[/angband-speak]

07-08-2009 at 10:45 AM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Having enough AC to nullify every attack and 100% resistance to everything, Square Steel Vampire stands in the middle of the Ancient Multi-Hued Dragons' pit looking intimidating and being ignored by the universe. Unable to move, Square Steel Vampire bites next poster (Telepathically I tell you!).

07-08-2009 at 11:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Ouchies, 50% damage. Ah well, I'll just eat a tomato. DELICIOUS.

Electrode, go!

07-13-2009 at 10:14 PM
Monkey
Stick figure casts Resist Fire while wearing a ring of fire resistance, and the damage gets knocked down to a paltry 12. Stick figure can regenerate that faster than you can attack, fool!
Therefore, stick figure casually walk up to the electrode, and hits it with a Sprocket Wrench of Extra Attacks (2d3) (+5,+7) (+3) {wtf?}, slaying it. Meanwhile, ASCII mage has a Ring of Speed (+30) {=D}, a good 401 mana to use, and an acid ball that does 140 damage, and only costs 15 mana.
*BLAMLAMLAMLAMLAMLAMetc*
The next poster just took 3920 damage. :D

[Last edited by Monkey at 07-14-2009 08:29 AM]
07-13-2009 at 11:18 PM
Sillyman
And yet... I'm still alive, since you aren't dealing any knockback. Hooray for Heart Containers!

I toss an assist trophy in the general vicinity of the next poster.

07-13-2009 at 11:59 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Since the trophy wasn't aimed well, one of the Ancient Multihued Dragons in the Ancient Multihudead Dragons' pit is hit with it and dies, scaring all other and making them leave the Square Steel Vampire all alone and sad - the surge of sadness and melancholy attacks the next poster rendering him or her sad and melancholious.

(And Monkey, could you please cut the *BLAMBLAM* by 1/3? I have horizontal scrollbar because of it. Thanks!)

[Last edited by skell at 07-14-2009 09:00 AM]
07-14-2009 at 08:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Bigwig
Kirby is about to get his stanley knife when suddenly he finds that there is still a piece of cake left for him to eat. His sadness disintegrates and he is saved from death just as the timer hits 00:00.

GAME!

SUDDEN DEATH!

The next poster has to fight a level 9 kirby in a sudden death match of super smash brothers melee.

07-14-2009 at 07:40 PM
Monkey
Skill 9? A good roguelike is always at skill 25*! I would make an awesome picture of stick figure holding a cannon that channeled mana into a giant laser, but you'll just have to imagine that part. For now.

ASCII mage abuses his 401 mana and mana regeneration to destroy the next poster with a never-ending barrage of magic missiles. And just in case it's still alive, ASCII mage then casts Meteor Storm to send the next poster flying towards the sun.
I then get a new avatar, to make stick figure and ASCII mage one.

*Note: for the record, I still haven't beaten any Angband variant (and if I did, it would be MAngband).

[Last edited by Monkey at 07-14-2009 08:49 PM]
07-14-2009 at 08:48 PM
Snacko
Limecat is destroyed, but as the remains are hit by the meteor and bounce against the sun, they enter a black hole and the new Limecat becomes God of a fledgling world. He chooses the next poster as prophet.

07-15-2009 at 05:06 AM
<<16171819
Page 20 of 24
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Avatar Wars! (Fight with your avatar!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com