Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro's Mission: Spiders : Third Level : 3 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
IP: Logged
icon Beethro's Mission: Spiders : Third Level : 3 North (0)  
I'm sure I'm missing something trivial here, but how do I get past the 2 eyes next to the checkpoint?
09-19-2006 at 04:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
christine83
Rank Points: 158
icon Re: Beethro's Mission: Spiders : Third Level : 3 North (+2)  
Click here to view the secret text

#1 Fan!

09-19-2006 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
icon Re: Beethro's Mission: Spiders : Third Level : 3 North (0)  
christine83 wrote:
Well, mostly because I'm not seeing how it can be achieved. Sometimes I seem to find it impossible to see the obvious.

Edit: And, of course, as soon as I go back to it, I spot it immediately. :look

[Last edited by bandit1200 at 09-19-2006 06:34 PM]
09-19-2006 at 06:30 PM
MatrixFrog
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
I'm at 19,9. That's about halfway between the wraithwing's starting position and the tunnels. I have 4 eyes in front of me, and the wraithwing. If I go straight in facing north, I can backstab one, but then I have two staring right at my back and they push me into a corner so I can't do anything. If I go diagonally facing east or west, I can kill one immediately, but I again have two staring right at my back. I can only imagine that I'm supposed to use the wraithwing to help me, but I don't see how.
09-24-2006 at 06:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MatrixFrog
Oh, for cryin' out loud. Was that all? Sheesh. Nevermind.
09-24-2006 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
What was all? I would like to know.

09-27-2006 at 10:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Astronaut
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
I'm stuck at the four top middle eyes (surrounding the snake cage orb). I assume I need the help of my little friend, but can't get him in there. How to manouver the wraithwing in there? And when, as in before or after dropping the trapdoors?

10-13-2006 at 10:25 PM
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Beethro's Mission: Spiders : Third Level : 3 North (+1)  
Astronaut wrote:
I'm stuck at the four top middle eyes (surrounding the snake cage orb). I assume I need the help of my little friend, but can't get him in there. How to manouver the wraithwing in there? And when, as in before or after dropping the trapdoors?

np: Yello - She`s Got A Gun (Claro Que Si)

10-14-2006 at 09:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Astronaut
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
So that's what my mom was talking about when she told me to pay attention to details... Thanks.

10-15-2006 at 04:56 PM
Simon
Boy, am I stumped. I've made it to the point when I am ready to kill the snake, but the only two eyes that I can't get are the ones within the little enclaves (bottom right and upper middle). Am I supposed to be able to lead the wraithwing in there in order to block the exit??

---

Of course, no sooner do I type it than I succeed in doing it. Cool. I really didn't think it was possible.

[Last edited by Simon at 12-24-2006 10:41 AM]
12-24-2006 at 10:32 AM
bandit1200
For some reason, this is one of my all time favourite rooms. When I first played it, I spent so much time running around figuring out what to do,and not bothering restarting, it took me over 2,500 moves. I just played it again and knocked about 1,900 moves off. :)
12-24-2006 at 02:06 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Beethro's Mission: Spiders : Third Level : 3 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com