Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The "Official" Highscores Bug Thread
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3118
IP: Logged
icon Re: The "Official" Highscores Bug Thread (0)  
I'd rather you didn't. It's useful to have a record of bugs, as well as how they presented themselves and when they were fixed. That way, if similar or related bugs ever crop up, threads like this can be clues as to where the problem may lie or was introduced. Deletion of the thread would serve to hinder that.

Changing the name of the thread and unstickying it would be a much more acceptable alternative.

I'll also note that there appear to still be some highscore *and* demo creation bugs around - including in JtRH - and that not all of them have been rectified or addressed. I've seen some demos get uploaded twice, and I've this sneaky suspicion that it may be possible to accidentally upload someone's demo as your own by simply watching it under particular circumstances... but I'm not 100% sure about that. I've seen random double uploads after watching my own demos immediately after submitting a #1 though, so it could be related.

So, in summary: change and unsticky the thread if you must, but please don't delete what would be *at least* be useful from a historical perspective.
09-03-2007 at 02:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
I was going with the fact that highscores no longer uploading is no longer an issue. All the demos in this thread are now uploaded (except for silver's but he's confirmed that this is now fixed - probably after a full demo upload). This thread was based on the fact that demos weren't being uploaded back in the day when everyone was playing JtRH. I can't expect everyone to delete their post once the problem is solved so I'd rather delete the whole thing.

Watching someone else's demo and then having it upload as oneself is a different issue and should be in a new thread, in my opinion.

I'll leave it if that's people want, but it seems to me that we have a thread full of ex-issues.
09-03-2007 at 05:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Remlin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 181
Well I hate being the bearer of bad news, but I still have highscore bugs. King Pilchard VIII's Dungeon, Middle Floor, 3N1W and Witherwood Castle, Calscioman's Vault, 9N both survived multiple upload attempts this weekend, including replaying both rooms and doing a full upload. I'm using JtRH 2.14.
09-04-2007 at 03:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Blondbeard wrote:
I'm running JtRH (2.0.15.1) at the moment, and the spider still seems to count my demos including mimics in a "bad" way (that is: including the moves it takes to place the mimic when counting my number of moves). Is this fixed in the latest patch candidate? Is the spider going to go through some kind of update to solve this issue?
Strangely enough my demos are still displayed wrongly, but now only one extra move is added for each mimic I place. This is for Tar Gate Stronghold. I think I'll just follow my own demos, and redo the rooms in TCB :)
05-04-2009 at 03:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Have you asked the spider to reverify those demos? Ironically, I just did that with a Tar Gate Stronghold demo that was a move off.
05-04-2009 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
No, I haven't. Perhaps that would solve the problem.
05-05-2009 at 07:51 AM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The "Official" Highscores Bug Thread
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com