Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Why can't I see many room images? (Yes, I've uploaded my progress to CaravelNet, and visited them first.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Why can't I see many room images? (0)  
It seems that I can't see room images, going back for weeks. Shouldn't my progress have been processed by now? It's quite frustrating, and it seems to include most Smitemasters' Selections and then some.

06-12-2006 at 04:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
icon Re: Why can't I see many room images? (0)  
Huh... I suppose I must be on everyone's ignore list. :(
But seriously, can't anyone help me? I reviewed the list in the "Room Image Unavailable" image, and according to it the only remaining possibility is that I've had 'bad days' for over a month consecutively.

06-15-2006 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I think only Schik can help you with this and he's been pretty busy lately, so maybe he missed your message or just didn't get to it yet.

To increase the chances this is resolved quickly, maybe you should provide a bit more information, like give a few examples of rooms which you think you should be able to see images of and can't.

[Last edited by eytanz at 06-15-2006 12:55 AM]
06-15-2006 at 12:54 AM
Jatopian
eytanz wrote:
I think only Schik can help you with this and he's been pretty busy lately, so maybe he missed your message or just didn't get to it yet.

To increase the chances this is resolved quickly, maybe you should provide a bit more information, like give a few examples of rooms which you think you should be able to see images of and can't.
Ah, OK. I can't see any of:
Beethro and the Secret Society
Beethro's Teacher
Beethros day off
Halph Has a Bad Day
King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0
L M N O
Perfection
The Choice

Some of these I've mastered, even! There's others and bits thereof, but I can't make a complete list now.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 06-15-2006 01:21 AM : forgot some holds]
06-15-2006 at 01:18 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
Jatopian,

Can you try something out? Start DROD, connected to CaravelNet. Restore to the last room (of one of these holds) and walk down the stairs. Exit DROD.

See if that changes anything. I'm just trying to narrow down what might be going wrong.

[Last edited by Schik at 06-15-2006 03:51 AM]
06-15-2006 at 03:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jatopian
Schik wrote:
Start DROD, connected to CaravelNet. Restore to the last room (of one of these holds) and walk down the stairs. Exit DROD.

See if that changes anything. I'm just trying to narrow down what might be going wrong.
I did that with Halph Has a Bad Day, and can now see all room images for it. Other holds are unaffected.

06-15-2006 at 07:23 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I was going to ask hints for a secret room in MetDROiD Prime, but I can't click on the picture. I can see it on the map on the hints search page, but when I click it nothing happens!
06-15-2006 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Jatopian wrote:
Schik wrote:
Start DROD, connected to CaravelNet. Restore to the last room (of one of these holds) and walk down the stairs. Exit DROD.

I did that with Halph Has a Bad Day, and can now see all room images for it. Other holds are unaffected.
Well, there's some progress. Next question: Were demos for the holds in question mass uploaded, on the Settings screen, or did you play them while connected to CaravelNet?

06-15-2006 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jatopian
Schik wrote:
Next question: Were demos for the holds in question mass uploaded, on the Settings screen, or did you play them while connected to CaravelNet?
Mass uploaded, mostly. I played a few rooms while connected, I think.

06-15-2006 at 08:51 PM
Schik
icon Re: Why can't I see many room images? (+1)  
Jatopian wrote:
Schik wrote:
Next question: Were demos for the holds in question mass uploaded, on the Settings screen, or did you play them while connected to CaravelNet?
Mass uploaded, mostly. I played a few rooms while connected, I think.
Thanks. I'll take a look at the mass upload code, and see if it's not properly setting viewed status or something.

06-15-2006 at 10:06 PM
Schik
Schik wrote:
Thanks. I'll take a look at the mass upload code, and see if it's not properly setting viewed status or something.
I (finally!) looked at this. I've fixed all existing rooms that I possibly can, so you should be able to see all rooms that you've visited. And in the future when you do a mass upload, you should be able to see the rooms after the spider has verified your demos. I would have prefered you be able to see the rooms immediately, but this was much less complicated (thus, less risky) to code.

07-06-2006 at 07:39 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Schik wrote:
Schik wrote:
I (finally!) looked at this. I've fixed all existing rooms that I possibly can, so you should be able to see all rooms that you've visited. And in the future when you do a mass upload, you should be able to see the rooms after the spider has verified your demos. I would have prefered you be able to see the rooms immediately, but this was much less complicated (thus, less risky) to code.

Hi Schik --

You probably already know this, but this doesn't fix the ability to view secret rooms that you've already visited. At least, not as far as I can tell...

07-06-2006 at 07:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I can view rooms of holds I've never downloaded before

07-07-2006 at 03:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
I see secret rooms! They're everywhere! They don't even know they're secret!
07-07-2006 at 03:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
DiMono wrote:
I sure hope you can. The only holds you shouldn't be able to see room images for before playing them are SS holds and a few others that have been marked that way by the architects.

07-07-2006 at 03:51 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Schik wrote:
DiMono wrote:
I sure hope you can. The only holds you shouldn't be able to see room images for before playing them are SS holds and a few others that have been marked that way by the architects.

So the marking is a voluntary procedure? Man, we really need an FAQ for this (which I'd do, except I have no published holds from which to write the info).
07-07-2006 at 04:04 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
coppro wrote:
So the marking is a voluntary procedure? Man, we really need an FAQ for this (which I'd do, except I have no published holds from which to write the info).
As opposed to being forced on people? Yeah, it's simply an option when you upload a hold to the Holds board.

07-07-2006 at 04:16 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Why can't I see many room images? (Yes, I've uploaded my progress to CaravelNet, and visited them first.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com