Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : KDD 2.0 - Level 25 - Old man missing (The Neather disappeared in 1N)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
lakibuk
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
IP: Logged
icon KDD 2.0 - Level 25 - Old man missing (0)  
I am stuck in level 25 because the Neather disappears right after the entrance room. This makes the 2nd room easy and the 3rd impossible to solve. Restoring the level from level start didn't bring him back. Has he run away cause he saw my smiting skills?

I've posted in Hints/solutions first:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=10146

See below for a fix to this bug.

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-02-2006 03:10 AM]
04-30-2006 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: KDD 2.0 - Level 25 - Old man missing (0)  
I thought I remembered something like this happen to someone else before, but I can't seem to find it after a few minutes of searching the forums. I know you said you restored from the beginning of the level, have you tried to restore from the end stairs of level 24 (hopefully you stepped on the checkpoint near the stairs, that's why they are there) to see if it still happens?

If it still happens, a drastic solution would be to try to re-download the hold (if you have the SS version) or to reinstall the program (if you bought the full version), just in case something got corrupted. Before you do so, you would of course want to be sure to backup the folder and export your player and any of your personal holds just in case something goes wrong with that too. But you should probably wait on that in case someone else remembers what the resolution was the last time this occurred.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-30-2006 at 06:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
lakibuk
have you tried to restore from the end stairs of level 24 (hopefully you stepped on the checkpoint near the stairs, that's why they are there) to see if it still happens?
Argh, i didn't step on it. But i replayed the last puzzle room and went to the exit. Neather still disappears in level 25. I will wait...

04-30-2006 at 06:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
Hmm.... I wonder if we could see if it had something to do with his data files or something along those lines. I'd be willing to try them out of my install if you were to zip up your three .dat files in the Data folder. I'm not sure if that would accomplish anything, but it's probably worth a shot.

04-30-2006 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
lakibuk
Good idea. Got 4 .dat files.
data.dat(>50 MB),drod2_0.dat,player.dat,player.dat,text.dat
There's also drod.ini and drod.err.
Which ones would you need?

04-30-2006 at 10:11 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
All of them except data.dat would probably be the best.

05-01-2006 at 03:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
lakibuk
icon Re: KDD 2.0 - Level 25 - Old man missing (+1)  
Ok. It's here:
www.blueskied.com/drod.zip

05-01-2006 at 03:43 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Thanks, lakibuk. What version of DROD:KDD are you running?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-01-2006 at 04:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
lakibuk

05-01-2006 at 04:24 PM
mrimer
Lakibuk, I found a bug that causes this in DROD:KDD. I'll work on fixing this in a patch, but for now, I've corrected your drod2_0.dat file. To use this fix, first, make a backup of your current drod2_0.dat file just in case. Second, replace it with this one. Now you should be able to continue from the beginning of L25 and the 'Neather should be there.

05-01-2006 at 05:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
lakibuk
Thanks for the file.
I tried it. The Neather is now there in the first room after the entrance (1N) and acts as one would expect. But in the next room (1N,1W) he's gone again.

05-01-2006 at 06:00 PM
mrimer
lakibuk wrote:
Thanks for the file.
I tried it. The Neather is now there in the first room after the entrance (1N) and acts as one would expect. But in the next room (1N,1W) he's gone again.
Okay, here's a really fixed one. I confirmed it works on my local DROD:KDD installation.

Incidentally, I think the bug occurs when a player starts playing the demo version of DROD:KDD, then exports and imports their player profile into the full version, and continues playing to the end from there. Is this what you did?

05-01-2006 at 07:55 PM
lakibuk
Fine,works now.
Yes,that's exactly what i've done.
A lot of players must do this,right? First demo then full version with imported savegame so you don't have to start all over.

05-01-2006 at 08:08 PM
mrimer
lakibuk wrote:
Fine,works now.
Cool!
Yes,that's exactly what i've done. A lot of players must do this,right? First demo then full version with imported savegame so you don't have to start all over.
Yes, I believe many do, but I've also heard from some that don't. Fortunately, you're only the second person that I've heard mention this problem.

05-01-2006 at 10:11 PM
mrimer
icon Re: KDD 2.0 - Level 25 - Old man missing (+2)  
I've created a repair patch for anyone that has this problem of the 'Neather disappearing in L25 of DROD:KDD.

The DROD: King Dugan's Dungeon 'Neather Repair Patch (Windows) can be found here. Just download and run it once to fix your saved games.

If you're not noticing any problems in your DROD:KDD installation, then running this repair patch is not necessary.

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-02-2006 03:10 AM]
05-02-2006 at 03:06 AM
magevet
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Hi,
Could you please make a patch for the Linux version as well. I have the same problem (and I also imported my game from the free to the full version).
Thanks.
12-23-2006 at 12:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I sent a PM to trick for you, magevet. He's the Linux custodian, and hopefully he can make a patch for you soon.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-23-2006 at 02:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Hi, magevet. Sorry for not replying before. I'm not sure how the Neather repair patch works (I thought the 2.0.14.1 patch was supposed to fix everything), so I'll have to ask Mike about that. Once I know what has to be done, I'll have a patch ready for you.

~ Gerry
01-06-2007 at 06:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
03-27-2007 at 09:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
This is fixed now on all versions, right?
08-06-2007 at 04:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : KDD 2.0 - Level 25 - Old man missing (The Neather disappeared in 1N)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com