Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Current Project *Infinite* (New Holds Coming)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
IP: Logged
icon Re: Current Project *Infinite* (0)  
Wow, that WAS a really bad room. I see what happens when I forget to playtest one room. I'll fix that. Any comments on any other rooms?

Keep posting,

09-09-2006 at 05:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
bandit1200 wrote:
Kevin_P86 wrote:
Yes, I definitely meant seep - sorry about that. And it's probably a good idea to make sure rooms are possible as you make them - it just seems to work better that way... with the whole being no chance of having impossible rooms thing.
Is it possible to kill all the queens in the same room, without getting stuck on one of the force arrows?
I'm not sure - I gave up when I found it impossible to kill the seeps. However, a quick check leads me to the impression that no, it is not possible to kill the queens either.

UrAvgAzn wrote:
Wow, that WAS a really bad room.

No, it wasn't a bad room. It was actually quite good, except for the fact that there were no checkpoints, and two parts of it were not possible... :)

09-09-2006 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
I added checkpoints on the room. And I changed both the sections. I'm working on the secret rooms now.

Keep posting,

09-09-2006 at 08:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
A few more comments after playing through L4 and L5 in the editor:

L4, 1N1E: As I mentioned before, there is currently no way to get into 1N2E because there is no way to step off the last trapdoor. You need a non-trapdoor tile on (36, 29) or (36, 30). If you have fixed this already, please ignore this.

L5, 3N: I am certain this room is not possible. 32 babies are formed per spawn, so once the babies catch up with you along th e path to the mothers, you cannot continue along the path.

L5, 1N1E: This may be possible as intended (killing the guards and then hitting one of the orbs behind the green doors before the bombs go off) - I haven't managed it yet (although I was 4 moves away once, so it likely is possible). However, there is no time limit enforced because of the secret walls leading into 1N2E. You can kill the guards at your leisure, follow the secret path into 1N2E, and return to 1N1E free to exit the room. The easiest way to fix this that I can think of is to put the open yellow door at the beginning of the green doors (on (18, 29), at least) rather than where it is on (9,16)-(11,16).

L5, 3N1E: You certainly don't need 9 decoys. You don't need more than one, and in fact you don't need any. It is possible to get the snake trapped in one of the entrances. However, there is really nothing wrong with how it is, if you choose to leave it.

09-11-2006 at 12:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
icon Re: New Holds Coming! (0)  
Kevin_P86 wrote:
I tried several times and have been unable to beat L2 3N - I just can't kill the mothers fast enough to prevent the mud from growing too much.

Did you manage to beat that one? It seems impossible to me.
09-11-2006 at 10:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
Kevin_P86 wrote:L4, 1N1E: As I mentioned before, there is currently no way to get into 1N2E because there is no way to step off the last trapdoor. You need a non-trapdoor tile on (36, 29) or (36, 30). If you have fixed this already, please ignore this.
A non-trapdoor tile won't cure this problem as there are 4 golems to kill, leaving 4 trapdoors which can't be stepped on.
09-11-2006 at 11:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
bandit1200 wrote:
Did you manage to beat that one? It seems impossible to me.

Yes, I have - it took a few tries, but I managed it. Shortly after posting that message, I seem to recall. And actually, upon going back to it this time, I beat it with not nearly as much trouble - my solution just involved getting to the middle mothers first, so you have two smaller, separate sections of mud rather than one larger one.

bandit1200 wrote:
A non-trapdoor tile won't cure this problem as there are 4 golems to kill, leaving 4 trapdoors which can't be stepped on.

The red door can be dropped after clearing, exiting and re-entering the room. However, in either case it would be quite a challenge with the slayer - if it's even possible (I tend to think it is not possible, but I have not tried it - the only place to leave the slayer is one of the entrances, and it certainly wouldn't be easy to clear all the trapdoors around that entrance...!).

09-12-2006 at 04:50 AM
UrAvgAzn
Kevin_P86 wrote:
(stuff)

The red door is just there for an experiment that I was supposed to erase before releasing to public. I am going to take out all the monsters and add 5 golems. And there is going to be a green door at each entrance. Aaaanddd... Gah. This is confusing. I'll work it out soon, but currently, pre-algrebra homework is the priority.

Keep posting,

09-12-2006 at 08:05 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Current Project *Infinite* (New Holds Coming)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com