Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Request: Better text editing
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Request: Better text editing (0)  
Whenever you need to edit text (hold/level descriptions, scrolls), the interface is really annoying. It has several problems:

1 - The display is too small to contain all the text at once. Since there is a fixed amount of text allowed, this is doubly annoying - you don't know how much you've already written and you don't know how much you have left.

2 - No support for cut & paste. If you don't want to add text highlighting, at least add support for pasting text from the clipboard. Recently, I had to move 5 scrolls in a room - that meant having to retype everything. That was quite a pain.

3 - No obvious way to insert line breaks. I'm not even sure if DROD supports them - if it doesn't, then this probably should wait for future versions.

Anyway, I really think a better text editor (with at least points 1 and 2 accounted for) would help in making the editor easier to use.

07-15-2003 at 03:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Request: Better text editing (0)  
We have a multi-line textbox planned for a later release. It would give you most of the things you mentioned.

-Erik

07-15-2003 at 03:54 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Request: Better text editing (0)  
Fair enough.

07-15-2003 at 04:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Request: Better text editing
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com