Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : level 8
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
fre3d
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
IP: Logged
icon level 8 (0)  
i\'ve finished all the rooms on level 8 but the exit does not open. what have i missed?
02-15-2003 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
morals
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: level 8 (0)  
there\'s a secret page in the exit room (5s, 3e) soth wall which leads to another room, (IMO the hardest of the level), have you conkered this room (seven south, three east)?

02-15-2003 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
fre3d
yes. i did that room as well. you\'re right. the hardest one.
02-15-2003 at 06:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
It\'s possible that you missed one of the 4 beginning rooms. Fortunately, you can go back through a passage to get to them. It\'s not too obvious at first though.

02-15-2003 at 09:54 PM
fatass
Rank Points: 32
Here\'s a room checklist:

The Entrance (no enemies)
Once East
Once South (no enemies)
Once South Once East
Twice South
Twice South Twice East
Twice South Thrice East
Thrice South Once West
Thrice South
Thrice South Once East
Thrice South Twice East
Thrice South Thrice East
Four Times South
Four Times South Twice East
Four Times South Thrice East
Five Times South Thrice East (exit, no enemies)
Six Times South Thrice East
Seven Times South Thrice East
02-15-2003 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
That\'s the full list of rooms in level 8. I\'d check all of the again to make sure you didn\'t leave one accidently unfinished, (on some of the more crowded ones, it\'s hard to see using the map), then I\'d report this as a bug.

02-16-2003 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
fre3d
just a thanx to those who posted to help me on that ridiculously easy level 8. i\'m movin\' on.
02-16-2003 at 05:20 PM
jjohn7418
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
Is it possible to link the room number, like (52,852), to the room checklist that was posted here? I don't know the rooms by the directions listed.

Thanks,
Jim J.
08-25-2003 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
jjohn--the room numbers you listed are for the old, Webfoot DROD. There has been a new version for a while, called Caravel DROD, which describes the rooms by directions from the entrance. Unfortunately, the saved games are not compatible between the two, but if you are only on level 8 it is probably worth downloading the newer version. I highly recommend it; the best new feature is the introduction of checkpoints in certain rooms that let you save in the middle of that room, instead of having to start over from the very beginning. You can get it from the main www.drod.net page, click on Download DROD.

In addition, the "Architect's Edition" of Caravel DROD is almost out of beta, and hopefully the final version will be released soon (like this week, if we are lucky). But it is easy to import your player from the original Caravel DROD, so you don't have to worry about that.

Finally, I suppose somewhere there exists a conversion between Webfoot and Caravel coordinates, but I don't know where that would be.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-25-2003 at 12:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jjohn7418
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
Thanks, I'll have to look into that version. Sure it may sound easy to get to level 8 again, but I had a hard time on level 7 for a while.

Thanks, for the reply.
Jim J. :)

08-25-2003 at 12:58 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Well, it's better than if you were on level 24 or something...better by a long shot. :D

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-25-2003 at 01:37 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : level 8
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com