Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Quick question - not DROD related
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
IP: Logged
icon Quick question - not DROD related (0)  
I was just wondering...if there\'s anyone out there in the New York area (I don\'t think so, but maybe there is someone), there\'s going to be a big protest in NYC this Saturday, February 15. Is anyone else going to be attending?

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
02-11-2003 at 01:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Quick question - not DROD related (0)  
I\'m in the New York area, but I won\'t be attending the protest, because, though I support the sentiment behind it, I feel that it\'s inappropriate for a non-American living in this country and benefiting from what it has to offer, but not giving much of anything back, to protest against its government.

02-11-2003 at 02:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
I am nowhere near New York - what is the protest about? I\'m going to guess it has something to do with Iraq?

02-11-2003 at 03:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Malarame
Yeah, it\'s mostly about the war. However, like any good protest (I\'ve been to several over the past couple of years) it will have every major issue. There will be signs protesting globalization, capitalism, the eating of animals, Isreal\'s treatment of Palestine, and the mandatory \"Free Mumia\" sign. And eytanz, we\'re not going to be protesting the government as much as its policies. Anyway, everyone have the right to free speech, even noncitizens. If you don\'t agree with the war, come show solidarity and let the all the governments of the world know how you feel.

Incidently, thanks for telling me where this topic went, Erik. Before I saw my email, I thought the Man had deleted my topic and was en route to my house to arrest me for being a terrorist :D

[Edited by Malarame on 02-11-2003 at 11:46 AM GMT]

-Groucho Marx
02-11-2003 at 04:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Well, I just got home from the protest. It was...well...pretty bad. I had a great time, but some of the things I saw were horrible. I don\'t want to get into everything now since I\'m tired, but I\'ll tell you guys everything that happened one of these days. Let\'s just say that I used to think the NYPD cared about the people. Now I seriously question that. I\'ll talk about it more in a day or two.

-Groucho Marx
02-16-2003 at 01:39 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Quick question - not DROD related
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com