Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : KDD L1 From Memory (a very old, faded memory at that)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ooa113y
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 36
IP: Logged

File: KDD L1 From Memory.hold (4.2 KB)
Downloaded 8 times.
License: Public Domain
icon KDD L1 From Memory (+3)  
What do you do when you want to build something but you have no good ideas of your own? Why, you shamelessly steal something someone else made and put a twist on it, of course!

So: here's a common thing that mappers all over the world do, recreating the first level of their preferred game from memory. I haven't replayed KDD recently nor have I looked at the map at all when making this, it's just as I remember it being. And I don't remember it well.

I hope this kind of thing is okay to upload -- but I've seen plenty of "KDD Revisited" holds at this point, so I gather it is at the very least not entirely prohibited.

This is, as these kind of projects tend to be, mostly a joke level, of course. Don't expect much.

[Last edited by ooa113y at 06-25-2024 10:56 AM]
06-25-2024 at 10:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
IP: Logged
icon Re: KDD L1 From Memory (+2)  
No, it's not prohibited to use KDD at all, because it's from the freeware era of AE - it is, however, more iffy for ripping directly from JtRH onwards, unless you are doing tribute holds that don't use the rooms exactly as they were in the original, like I am doing now.

06-25-2024 at 12:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : KDD L1 From Memory (a very old, faded memory at that)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com