Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : MagnumAdv : vagabond (Build100 is available!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Somniator
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
IP: Logged

File: magnumadv_preview.hold (4.3 MB)
Downloaded 9 times.
License: Public Domain
icon MagnumAdv : vagabond (+2)  
What is it?
My attempt to do something canonical and original in the spirit of the Deadly Rooms of Death.

What is there?
Currently it contains one pseudo-parallax level with custom elements. This hold also contains a completely original soundtrack.

The plot?
A fierce evil hung over Droog Island. Who will be the new defender of the island? This story has an unnatural meaning or does not make sense at all. Get ready! I hope you enjoy your stay on our island. Take on the role of a novice swordsman Bebruh Budkin and explore the world thoroughly. Your new friends will help you on your journey.

How is the development going?
This hold was conceived as a separate game independent of the plot of DROD. I do it in my free time. I want to express my great gratitude to the rapidly developing neural networks that generate stunning pictures.

[Last edited by Somniator at 08-05-2024 06:30 PM]
06-23-2024 at 11:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 645
icon Re: MagnumAdv : vagabond (+1)  
This is really promising!
I like the rat and pit elements, they have a lot of puzzle potential. For 2E, nice that you put the exit more than 15 tiles away so that you have to cover the rat pit to keep the room clear.
3E: neat easy room, though only the southern eye is a problem.

The music was good as well, it catches the mood of the level.

If you do manage to continue and finish this hold, maybe you can build a prologue first? It felt weird to start directly like that.

06-25-2024 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Somniator
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21

File: magnumadv_build100.hold (8.9 MB)
Downloaded 1 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: MagnumAdv : vagabond (0)  
Is it alive?
Yes! As mentioned earlier, the hold is being developed in my free time and mood.

Is there a prologue in this build?
Unfortunately, no. This hold was conceived by me as a kind of continuation of the original TSS, but at the same time as something original with its own universe. And of course it all comes down to my enthusiasm...

What's new?
This time I drew two more levels with pseudo-parallax. They are unimportant at the time of this patchnote, but in the future they will play a big role in the plot.

Footsteps?
One of the most important aspects that has been languishing since the days of my first holds. Playing the original DROD, I always lacked the atmosphere (if we are talking about the JtRH version of the 2.0 engine). In this development, I am most focused on the audio component.

Soundtrack?
The original soundtrack is also an important part for me. Initially, I was writing a separate album, which was not even thought of for this project. Then, the distributor refused to release my album. I couldn't think of anything better than to use it here. If anyone is interested, you can listen to it on the Bandcamp site, where it will be distributed for free.

About feedback...
I am very glad that the forum community is still alive and still releasing holds. It's especially nice when you leave your feedbacks. Thank you very much!

The End?
Unlikely. I still have a lot of ideas in my head and I would like to implement them as soon as possible. With this post, I just wanted to say that the project is alive and is gradually developing.

[Last edited by Somniator at 08-05-2024 06:28 PM]
08-05-2024 at 06:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : MagnumAdv : vagabond (Build100 is available!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com