Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bug: Right Mouse Button Has No Effect In The Level Editor
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Bug: Right Mouse Button Has No Effect In The Level Editor (0)  
The right mouse button appears to do nothing in the level edit mode, even though it highlights the areas you've dragged over. Is it supposed to clear whatever was in those tiles, and if it wasn't, could it be included, as it makes deleting things easier?

06-15-2003 at 10:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
icon Re: Bug: Right Mouse Button Has No Effect In The Level Editor (0)  
Thanks for the report. The bug has been entered in the database.

06-15-2003 at 01:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
icon Re: Re: Bug: Right Mouse Button Has No Effect In The Level Editor (0)  
This seems more like a feature request to me. But, actually, the right mouse button is used for other operations (see editor help page). (To erase things from a given layer, just select the empty tile for that layer from the menu and lay that down over whatever you want to erase.) Using the right mouse button to erase things is problematic, because there are three layers of things in the room, and how would you know which layer you want to delete from when right-click-dragging over a part of the room? And erasing from all of them at once is usually kind of drastic. I would like to make the interface as easy to use as possible, so are there any thoughts on this?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-15-2003 at 07:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Perhaps, a right click deletes any objects or enemies on that tile. A second right click restores it to blank tile. For objects with behaviour defined by right clicking, right clicking on it in define mode deletes it, although I agree it's not the best solution. Perhaps a right click window of the sort you get when you right click in any Windows non-game program?

Also, I'd like to voice my objection to the fact that you can't lay impassible tiles over other impassible tiles - why can't I lay holes over walls, or breakable walls over walls? Or anything other than tiles over walls?

06-15-2003 at 09:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: Re: Bug: Right Mouse Button Has No Effect In The Level Editor (0)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
Also, I'd like to voice my objection to the fact that you can't lay impassible tiles over other impassible tiles - why can't I lay holes over walls, or breakable walls over walls? Or anything other than tiles over walls?
Switch off safety. The safety feature is there to stop people doing things like that by accident. It does mean you can get some very odd things going on, but will let you replace any tile with any other tile.

"Oook!"
06-16-2003 at 11:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
This will be included in build 20.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-18-2003 at 04:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bug: Right Mouse Button Has No Effect In The Level Editor
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com