Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Deadlies
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2379
IP: Logged
icon Deadlies (+2)  
The last time we had the Deadlies Awards was for 2020 (hosted by me) here:

The 17th Annual People’s Choice Awards

Would anyone be interested in stepping up and running a special double edition (2021/2022)?

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
01-10-2023 at 02:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: Deadlies (+4)  
I think I can do this. I'll try to put something together for it.

01-10-2023 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
icon Re: Deadlies (+2)  
Update:

I'm going through the holds to catalogue the custom elements, but this raised a question for me:

Since the custom element contest was finally published, but a lot of the elements from that contest were previously published in other holds, elements that previously appeared in the deadlies shouldn't be included again, right?

From memory, this would mean that the following elements are not eligible:
net
doppleganger
rocket launcher
briar seeds
two-headed serpent
placed firetraps
girkles

Were any of the other elements from the contest used in a hold that has been published?

Also, while I'm pretty active on YouTube, I don't really follow any other streaming or video sites, so for the content creator section I'll need some help filling out the list. Is there anyone who produced DROD video content on Twitch or another site in the past two years that should be included?

As for the Deadlies themselves, my goal is to post the poll by the end of February. That gives 2 months for people to play through holds that were published in December if they are so inclined.

01-27-2023 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
mauvebutterfly wrote: Since the custom element contest was finally published, but a lot of the elements from that contest were previously published in other holds, elements that previously appeared in the deadlies shouldn't be included again, right?

Pretty much. The Fourteenth Deadlies included Take 5, which is the only hold I know of (were there others?) that reused elements from the Custom Elements Contest, so check your list against that.

Also, while I'm pretty active on YouTube, I don't really follow any other streaming or video sites, so for the content creator section I'll need some help filling out the list. Is there anyone who produced DROD video content on Twitch or another site in the past two years that should be included?

I'll list the video creators I know of who have been active in the last two years:

Alex Diener (ThemsAllTook)
Dragon Fogel
Chaco
surrealcanine
mauvebutterfly
navithmastero
Pearls
kieranmillar
azb

01-27-2023 at 07:59 PM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
Rabscuttle has also made a few videos - I specifically remember he made a set for the Make A Good DROD Level contest.
01-28-2023 at 03:16 AM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2379
icon Re: Deadlies (0)  
Xindaris may have done some alphabet streams, and Rabscuttle may have done some DROD streams as well.

Edit: ninja’d

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 01-28-2023 03:18 AM]
01-28-2023 at 03:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
icon Re: Deadlies (+3)  
There are two categories that I'm not sure about when it comes to this year's Deadlies:

2. Design Excellence in a Modification or Addition
14. Best Community Contributor

I know that a lot of work has been done on updating both DROD and DROD RPG over the past few years, but I'm unsure if any one individual should be credited with that, or if such work is even appropriate for these awards.

Aside from that, nothing in particular is coming to mind for these categories.

If people wish to discuss this here, I welcome their feedback.

Alternatively, I suppose this could be considered a call for nominations. If you think something was worthy of one of these rewards, either post it here for discussion or send me a PM.

If there are no comments or PMs before the end of the month, then I will just make the Deadlies poll without anyone being nominated in either category.

Reminder that this is for the past TWO years, so contributions from both 2021 and 2022 are to be considered.

02-25-2023 at 04:18 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Deadlies
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com