Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Request: Verify #1 History
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
IP: Logged
icon Request: Verify #1 History (+1)  
Some of the #1 Histories are broken, because at some point some bad scores got in, but I guess when they got removed the history didn't get updated.

I want a something to click (like the spider for individual scores) that will check the history and fix it up it's broken.

There's an algorithm, that I think should work.

a) remove scores from the history that are faster than the current #1 - these ones are definitely no legitimate.
If there are any scores still on the history, call the fastest one X.
If there aren't any scores still on the history, add the oldest score from the current set of scores and call that one X

b) add scores from current scores as appropriate.
So definitely add in the current #1
If the current #2 is both faster than X and it's date is between #1 and #X, slot that into the history.
If the current #3 is both faster than X and it's date is between #1/#2 and #X, slot that into the history.

Stop when you reach a score slower than #X or you run out of current scores. This is not guaranteed to be accurate (maybe the #1 player had a fast score long ago and rebeat it by one move recently) - but I think it's reasonably.

====

I just don't like those bad scores being in there, and I like seeing what happened. Also, I think it affects whether rooms pop up in your "used-to-be-#1 list", I believe calculates from the #1 History.

Room I'm looking at this moment is Below Witherwood : Mindlock Cave : 1 West, but I think this might be one of those holds where the scores are hidden unless you've done it, so it might not be the best example.
07-21-2022 at 03:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Request: Verify #1 History
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com