Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Obtaining version 5.0 holds of major releases:
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jordthro
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 100
IP: Logged
icon Obtaining version 5.0 holds of major releases: (+1)  
I know that if you've purchased a Caravelnet membership and major holds (e.g. KDD or JtRH) that you're able to obtain the 5.0 holds (with challenges) through booting up a 5.0 engine and downloading these holds directly in game. Are you also able to obtain these updated holds through buying the DLC in Gunthro on Steam without needing a Caravelnet membership? I guess what I'm asking is if these DLC holds on Steam are the updated 5.0 holds?

If so, are these the only two ways available to access those updated holds? I'm more curious than anything.

09-10-2021 at 12:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Obtaining version 5.0 holds of major releases: (+2)  
The DLCs on Steam are the 5.0 versions with challenges. (And triggering the challenges in-game awards the corresponding achievements on Steam.)

I'm not aware of any current options besides the two you described.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 09-10-2021 12:44 AM]
09-10-2021 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
I have a somewhat related question -- if I purchase the DLC holds on Steam, will I be able to play them in TSS? Or only in GatEB?

09-20-2021 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
Due to how the Steam stuff is handled, you can only play the DLC in GatEB, not in TSS.

09-20-2021 at 03:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Obtaining version 5.0 holds of major releases: (+3)  
Note that Steam GatEB is exactly the same engine as TSS (5.1.0.6545), rather than the standalone GatEB's 4.0.2.112.

So the DLCs being attached to GatEB has no real impact (unless of course you don't own Steam GatEB yet), and Steam GatEB will play any user-made hold, including those built using TSS.

Also note that if you originally purchased GatEB from Caravel directly, you should be able to get a Steam key from: http://forum.caravelgames.com/member.php?Action=purchases

[Last edited by Tuttle at 09-21-2021 12:45 AM]
09-21-2021 at 12:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Obtaining version 5.0 holds of major releases:
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com