Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Nine Worlds portal bugged! (Can't answer to the Norns!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
maniak
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Nine Worlds portal bugged! (0)  
I've got this problem: when I try to use the portal to Svartalfheim I should be able to answer to the Norns the location i want to reach, what i'm looking for and who sent me...
I've spoken with anyone, Aurvandel in the first place (showing the wooden sword and starting chapter 2), then i've gathered all the necessary information in the other town (talking with the Librarian and Regin), but when i try to use the portal i only have "i don't know" option at 1st question , "i don't know" and "the holy grail" at the second , and again just "i don't know" at the third.

I've tried to disinstall and reinstall but the issue still persists.

Please Help!:~(:~(:~(

Edit: the bug is present only in italian language! loaded same savegame in english and the answer options were available!

[Last edited by maniak at 07-03-2021 02:13 PM]
07-03-2021 at 02:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
IP: Logged
icon Re: Nine Worlds portal bugged! (0)  
Thank you for reporting this.

There are some lines in the game that are untranslated (usually because they're just a name, e.g. "Heime"). In almost all cases, the engine will automatically use the original. Turns out that in the specific case of voiced dialogue options, an untranslated word will not appear.

I can fix this by translating "Heime" to "Heime". I'll have to do some testing, then upload the new version. In the meantime, it seems you've already found a workaround; so enjoy Svartalfheim!

07-08-2021 at 10:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Nine Worlds portal bugged! (Can't answer to the Norns!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com