Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Accessory-based movement doesn't trigger pressure plates
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged
icon Accessory-based movement doesn't trigger pressure plates (+2)  
In 1.2.8.alpha.2020-10-16 using wall walking or warp token to move onto a pressure plate causes it to not trigger. On live builds plates trigger in both cases.

This change seems unintended and a forum search reveals that the same issue has come up before. Looking at the change list for 1.2.8, it seems like this might be a side effect of the following:
mrimer wrote:
I'm copying over all the relevant script teleport logic from the 5.x engine.
10-29-2020 at 11:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Accessory-based movement doesn't trigger pressure plates (0)  
Thank you. Yes, you're right. This is a regression. I've merged a fix and will put up a new dev build presently.

PR

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-29-2020 06:05 PM]
10-29-2020 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Accessory-based movement doesn't trigger pressure plates (+2)  
I checked a range of accessory scenarios in 1.2.8.alpha.2020-10-29.

The player will correctly trigger a pressure plate when landing on it via use of a grappling hook, warp token and wall walking accessory.

The player will also drop trapdoors when moving off of them via these three means while armed.

The player will also pick up items they land on via these three means.

Much of this wasn't in the bug report but I thought I'd test it anyway.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-29-2020 08:07 PM]
10-29-2020 at 08:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
greenscience
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 141
icon Re: Accessory-based movement doesn't trigger pressure plates (+2)  
Found another scenario by using Wall Walking or Warp Token to land on an accessory slot. This ends up with Wall Walking or Warp Token on the slot and no accessory equipped rather than empty slot and the accessory in hand. Tested this on 1.3 but have not tried the latest 1.2.8 build yet.
07-31-2021 at 03:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Accessory-based movement doesn't trigger pressure plates (0)  
PR

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-07-2022 at 06:48 PM
kieranmillar
icon Re: Accessory-based movement doesn't trigger pressure plates (+1)  
Can confirm in 1.3.0.446x the Wall Walking token is working correctly when landing on top of other accessories or empty accessory slots.

However the Warp token is not working correctly. Landing on an empty accessory slot leaves a Warp token in the player's hand. Landing on another accessory picks up the other accessory, but then replaces it with another Warp Token, so the other accessory you landed on is deleted (replaced with an empty accessory slot on the floor).
12-10-2022 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1055
Ah, I fixed the problem in the code, but didn't update the build. Apologies for inconviences. Hopefully it won't be too long until the next build, as not many bugs or feature requests remain.

12-10-2022 at 05:51 PM
kieranmillar
Can confirm fixed in 1.3.0.499. Using the warp token to land on another accessory or accessory slot now behaves correctly.
06-06-2023 at 08:51 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Accessory-based movement doesn't trigger pressure plates
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com