Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : 'Magic Stone' bug
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
IP: Logged
icon 'Magic Stone' bug (0)  
On WonderQuest 4.2, Magic Stones have a bug - instead of waiting for you to press tab, it acts like tab is being changed every frame, and creates a noisy mess of characters being swapped every frame. It's impossible to time which character you end up as, and therefore a royal pain to solve any puzzles involving them.

On WonderQuest 4.1 ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9rvm6g2fdt0o3h/WonderQuest%204.1.zip?dl=0 ) Magic Stones work fine, but the frame rate is appalling on modern computers (at least the two Windows 7-10 ones I tried), so it is not playable.

Since development is discontinued for this game and there is no source code available, I guess it is not feasible to go beyond Floor 6 of Dreams. It was fun getting this far though! Thank you for the good memories :)

EDIT: Since other people have talked about getting far into Dreams 8 without bringing up problems with Magic Stones, I guess some workaround exists?

EDIT 2: Brute force is good enough to get past Magic Stone puzzles. You just need to be very patient.

[Last edited by Mechadragon at 12-15-2017 09:37 PM]
12-15-2017 at 12:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : 'Magic Stone' bug
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com