Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : The incomplete list of Build / Wait for item
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
superluminal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
IP: Logged
icon The incomplete list of Build / Wait for item (+1)  
Currently, the Build command (and the Wait For Item command) is missing these elements from the list:

Hard wall, Stairs (up and down), Pressure plate, Platform (pit and water), Scroll, Orb, Briar, Briar root, any Token, any tarstuff, Light.

I'm running 1.2.7.316.

01-13-2017 at 06:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: The incomplete list of Build / Wait for item (+1)  
Building scrolls and stairs would make much sense; besides, stairs can't be built even in main DROD. They were removed from the Build list some time ago.
01-13-2017 at 08:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
superluminal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
icon Re: The incomplete list of Build / Wait for item (0)  
As far as I know, there's no way for an Unkillable character to be flagged as defeated and disappear on the same turn. I was going to make a bug report about Wait For Item: Briar specifically, as a way to work around this limitation, but it turns out there's a few other important items missing. Flawless consistency and all that.

Maybe there's a good reason why these items aren't on the list?

[Last edited by superluminal at 01-13-2017 05:03 PM]
01-13-2017 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
superluminal wrote:
As far as I know, there's no way for an Unkillable character to be flagged as defeated and disappear on the same turn.

You can fake it by making the character disappear and generate a blood splat effect. It will still count as being defeated. See Skills Smorgasbord to see this work in practice.
* Getting to trigger scripting on the same turn that an enemy dies has always been a problem in RPG due to the fact that the events that check for winning a fight wait until the next turn before executing, the same with the Imperative: Die if you want to force a monster to die. Instead, when we win a fight with a monster we intervene at the last possible moment immediately after the killing blow using the monster's "Each Defend" command, making the monster unkillable, executing the code we need, then faking the monster's death by generating a blood splat and sound where the monster is standing, and then making the monster disappear and ending the script. The REP and GR is still awarded automatically because the game still considers it as winning a fight, despite them monster never actually dying.

superluminal wrote: Maybe there's a good reason why these items aren't on the list?
Platforms and tokens have been specifically removed even if you try to build them via MyScript tweaks.
01-13-2017 at 05:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Support for building Hard Wall has been exposed in 1.2.8.

I've added support to build/remove/wait for briars/roots and tarstuff for 1.3.

Also added support to place live briar in the room editor for completeness, though it auto-resolves to living/dead, just like the withered briar, based on whether it's attached to a root, so maybe that would be more confusing than leaving it out. Anyway, check it out when you see it, and we can tweak this however feels best.

I think that's everything missing that we're not intentionally omitting from script build support at this point.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 09-27-2020 04:57 PM]
09-26-2020 at 01:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: The incomplete list of Build / Wait for item (+1)  
I can confirm you can build and check for Wall (hard filler) in 1.2.8.alpha.2020-10-29.

Obviously I can't check the others yet because they are waiting for v1.3.
10-29-2020 at 08:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : The incomplete list of Build / Wait for item
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com