Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Minor bug in Heroine's Quest
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
SylverDragon
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Minor bug in Heroine's Quest (0)  
Loving the game and working on my first playthrough as a Sorceress. I just hit a minor bug in the first screen of Ragnarok where the troll is sitting against the ruins of Fornsigtuna. If I cast Arctic Wind, I get the bag (as expected); however, if I cast Arctic Wind again, I get the bag again. I can keep repeating this and keep getting more copies of the items in the bag.
Obviously not game breaking, but a bit of an unexpected result.
04-21-2016 at 11:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
icon Re: Minor bug in Heroine's Quest (0)  
Thank you for pointing that out.

04-21-2016 at 12:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
I don’t know if that is WAD or a bug.

As a rogue, talking to Eitri when asking him what he has to trade he mentions his runic stick
Click here to view the secret text

When offering him an icepick he takes the icepick and only then mentions that he has nothing to trade for. So - is he just ingame ignorant that his stuff had already been stolen and keeping the icepick despite noticing that he has got nothing left to trade for, or should he know that he has nothing to trade left before taking something or even before advertising his already gone runic stick? I my current playthrough that was important to me, because I strive to get the Loki’s trickster achievement and so have no way to gain another icepick as I can’t fight anything for random loot as I did in my warrior playthrough.

Edit:
After selling the svartalf crystal to Regin and stealing it back I tried to sell it to Augvandir in the Tavern and got a display where he was interested to buy it for *0* silver (and the 0 silver was actually displayed on the screen, he did not just take the crystal for nothing). Is that a bug or the result that he had to pay me before for something and so had no money left?

[Last edited by ConjurerDragon at 10-15-2017 01:05 PM]
10-15-2017 at 12:32 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Eitri being absent-minded is working as designed. You being unable to sell the same gem twice is also working as designed, although Aurvandel's response could be a bit different.

10-15-2017 at 04:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Heroinefan
Rank Points: 12
Radiant wrote:
Eitri being absent-minded is working as designed. You being unable to sell the same gem twice is also working as designed, although Aurvandel's response could be a bit different.
Which is interesting as a rouge you should be able to pull that gag, as a clever scam, not to the same person though because thats dumb. Sell steal and resell, but prob only once, that would not be game breaking.
10-15-2017 at 04:10 PM
ConjurerDragon
Rank Points: 13
As a rogue I used the horse to get to Munarvagir without taking notice what time it was and there because it was evening the cutscene started with the assault of the troll/giant army. Only that my rogue - the last and only hope that the people of Munarvagir would survive - was called out in the middle of the gathered frightened desperate defenders as the thief of a shovel and placed in the stock... :wolverine

Just have to wonder what took longer - freezing in the stocks or being slaughtered by the jotun assault... :thumbsup

[Last edited by ConjurerDragon at 10-22-2017 05:28 PM]
10-22-2017 at 10:18 AM
Heroinefan
Rank Points: 12
ConjurerDragon wrote:
As a rogue I used the horse to get to Munarvagir without taking notice what time it was and there because it was eveninig the cutscene started with the assault of the troll/giant army. Only that my rogue - the last and only hope that the people of Munarvagir would survive - was called out in the middle of the gathered frightened desperate defenders as the thief of a shovel and placed in the stock... :wolverine

Just have to wonder what took longer - freezing in the stocks or being slaughtered by the jotun assault... :thumbsup

In ATOTK you can solve the goblin puzzle twice, have them attacked by undead, and do it the honorable way, its like he's chewing Doublemint gum. The dead gobbie will thank you for help in cooking, and gobgirl, will warn you two different ways, and run off twice: lol, I will just guess she came back to see what other F.ery whiteblade was getting up two. :lol It's this games only bug as far as I can tell.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 10-22-2017 05:00 PM]
10-22-2017 at 04:54 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Minor bug in Heroine's Quest
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com