Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Homeland : 15 North, 4 East (Optimising the 1st scorepoint of the 2nd half)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
IP: Logged
icon Tendry's Tale : Homeland : 15 North, 4 East (+1)  
I like to try and optimise the first scorepoint of holds as they tend to play out very differently to when you try to optimise the end game of a hold.

Unfortunately the "Beat 'Neather scorepoint" for Tendry's Tale, which is the first scorepoint from the 2nd half of the hold, is driving me bonkers because there is a huge difference between the top scorers and me, with 1st place having over 440 more HP than me. It's maddening because if it was a small amount then I'd assume that my timing was wrong somewhere, but with such a huge difference on display I simply must have some sort of major strategy mess up. Because the numbers we are dealing with here are fairly small any difference due to a timing mistake I'd estimate would only be costing me about 100 HP at most.

Without demos to view I know that, short of my writing out a full walkthrough of what I'm doing or recording it, it's going to be very difficult to get advice pinpointing me towards any mistakes I'm making.

The other thing that drives me crazy is that mxvladi's score which is the place above mine has almost 400 more HP and 8 more REP. Given that all of the choices I've made through the level have involved killing monsters over spending keys there are simply no monsters left that I can see that would get me that extra REP in any way that is beneficial, short of killing one of the two mud babies left behind after the mud mother fight (worth exactly 8 REP each) so I can trade in the extra greckles for a 50 HP health potion, but given that the mud babies cost me 90 HP to kill, there's no way that that is worth it. And that still doesn't explain the 400 HP difference.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong here are appreciated. The only major stumbling blocks I can think of are timing mistakes regarding getting the wooden shield or the 4 DEF boosts from the machine. For what it's worth, my playthrough goes a bit like this:

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 07-25-2015 07:29 PM]
07-25-2015 at 07:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Meta
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Homeland : 15 North, 4 East (+3)  
I hope that you are still interested in optimizing this scorepoint after waiting for 5 years.

Click here to view the secret text

08-20-2020 at 07:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Homeland : 15 North, 4 East (+1)  
I still am. Thanks, I haven't really spent any time on this particular scorepoint in the last 5 years, I'll have to take another look at some point.
08-20-2020 at 09:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zeispharn
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
icon Re: Tendry's Tale : Homeland : 15 North, 4 East (+1)  
@kieranmillar:

It's fun to see that I'm actually replaying the game for the 3rd time, trying to optimise again, and I end with exaclty the same HP but not the same amount of Gold nor the Rep (have 472 on this Chapter).

I'll probably try again soon if you wish to make some common reflection.
08-25-2020 at 03:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Hints and Solutions : Tendry's Tale : Homeland : 15 North, 4 East (Optimising the 1st scorepoint of the 2nd half)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com