Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Issues with uploading scores
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2445
IP: Logged
icon Issues with uploading scores (0)  
So I got myself a CaravelNet subscription today, but I'd been playing quite a bit since the last subscription expired. This meant I had a lot of scores, and not all of them seem to have uploaded. This includes trying the "Upload Scores" option in Settings, the "Upload Scores" option for an individual hold in Change Location, and the "Upload" button on the demo screen. In the latter two cases I've tried both mass-selecting and selecting individual holds/demos that weren't going up.

Some of the rooms I don't have demos for, because apparently I turned the option to record demos off somewhere in there before turning it back on. (I remember discovering it was off and turning it back on, but I don't remember turning it off.) That part I understand, and redoing those rooms shouldn't be too bad; worst case, they count as cleared and that means I can view the top demos if I get stumped.

But there are a bunch of demos that just aren't getting recognized for some reason. I'm not sure if there's some issue with them uploading or if the spider isn't recognizing them as valid or what. Basically if there's some way I can cut down on the number of rooms I have to redo to get them counted, I'd like to know what it is.

A related issue is that none of the challenges I did offline are being recognized, even if I try uploading those demos. Am I going to have to get those all over again?

Edit: Well, between a combination of repeated upload attempts and redoing the rooms where demos refused to send, my scores are where they should be. At least with the completed holds. I'll worry about the unfinished ones when I tackle them again.

I think part of the problem was the fact that spiders are glitchy. (By which I mean the monster, not the checker-program thingy.) In two of the rooms, as I replayed them I noticed spiders overlapping other monsters, which probably made the demo register as invalid; I had to redo them until I avoided that glitch. No idea what was up with some of the other issues, though.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 04-06-2015 04:45 AM]
04-04-2015 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Issues with uploading scores
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com