Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine quest bug 1.2.1 (I can't save Trivaldi!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mammon
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine quest bug 1.2.1 (0)  
When I beat Trivaldi in chapter 4 as a mage, I tried casting blessing afterwards and the game immediately crashed giving me a message saying I should inform the makers about this. I immediately tried doing the same thing again with the same result and found out that this also happens when you cast disrupt.

I assume this is because either of these spells are needed to free you from the chains and you can't do this again. But if this bug is fixed in the next version, could casting either spell cause Trivaldi to come back to live and kick our asses? It's kinda the whole reason I casted blessing after defeating him, just to find out. Maybe you could if you pour eitur over him, but I'm a one game one savefile guy and since the mage has been my least favourite class I don't want to do her all over again just to try that.

P.S. if this bug has already been reported, my apologies for wasting your time and thank you all soooooo very much for making this game.
09-06-2014 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Heroine quest bug 1.2.1 (0)  
Thanks for reporting the bug :)

As for:
But if this bug is fixed in the next version, could casting either spell cause Trivaldi to come back to live and kick our asses? It's kinda the whole reason I casted blessing after defeating him, just to find out. Maybe you could if you pour eitur over him, but I'm a one game one savefile guy and since the mage has been my least favourite class I don't want to do her all over again just to try that.

No, blessing Thrivaldi won't cause him to come back to life (the reason why it works to let you escape is because that stone is magically set up to make half of it disappear).

Pouring eitur on him is an interesting idea (I hope we have a good interaction message for it!), but it wasn't programmed in to bring Thrivaldi back to life :P
09-06-2014 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
Even if he did come back to life, wouldn't the sun just immediately turn him back to stone again?
09-08-2014 at 03:46 AM
mammon
Rank Points: 10
We saw with Alviss that he has a few moments before turning back to stone. Maybe he let's go of the club when you're a warrior?
09-08-2014 at 03:08 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine quest bug 1.2.1 (I can't save Trivaldi!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com