Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Please help!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
jack777
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Please help! (0)  
I was looking so forward to playing this game when I stumbled upon it the other day, being a huge fan of Quest for Glory. But now that I've downloaded it, there is no sound at all. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to fix this issue? My sound works perfect with all other programs otherwise. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This game looks great. I'm surprised yesterday was the first time I've ever heard of it. Thanks.
01-22-2014 at 06:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Please help! (0)  
Strange. No one has mentioned this issue at all.

Can you check you have audio.vox and speech.vox files within your Heroine's Quest folder? (C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroine's Quest)?
01-22-2014 at 08:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Could you tell us what sound card you're using? Also, please try running DXdiag and see if it reports any errors with sound. That's the DirectX diagnostic tool; run by opening your start menu and typing 'dxdiag' in the search box, then press enter.

01-22-2014 at 10:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jack777
I will try these suggestions tonight. My sound card is an Asus Xonar.

The odd thing is that when I tried playing using my headphones, the sound worked perfectly. Until the problem is resolved, I can at least play it that way.
01-22-2014 at 06:28 PM
Spiffo
It sounds like the game is choosing the wrong sound device. This happens to me too when I have my microphone plugged in - it thinks the mic is my primary speaker.

Check your sound devices in the control panel. Your various applications might "know" to use your speakers, but what does windows think it should be using?
01-23-2014 at 03:35 PM
jack777
Well I ran dxdiag and noticed a message about my sound card driver. I decided to update the driver and now the sound works perfect when played using the speakers. Thanks to everyone that replied to my original post.

Just getting into the game and it seems very promising. The Coles should have attempted something along these lines at some point over the past few years (maybe using VGA graphics instead though).
01-23-2014 at 08:03 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Please help!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com