Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Crash when throwing daggers
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
SirDifferential
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Heroine's Quest - Crash when throwing daggers (0)  
I'm playing the version 1.0 of Heroine's Quest and experience crashes early in the game when trying to throw a dagger. This does not happen all the time. I don't know how the game works, but it sounds like I clicked on the boar, the boar exited the room and I then tried to throw the dagger.

Playing on Windows 7 64-bit.

I can give you a save file if you tell me where they are located ( can't find them in the game folder).

The error is:

(ACI Version 3.3.0.1148)

in "room80.asc", line 265

Error: FaceCharacter: characters are in different rooms

plantmonster.homeip.net/pics/heroine_quest_001.png (insert html to the beginning. The forum does not let me insert url tags.)

[Last edited by SirDifferential at 01-01-2014 08:10 PM]
01-01-2014 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Heroine's Quest - Crash when throwing daggers (0)  
Thanks for the report. :) The programmer should be able to fix this from the error message, but I'll let you know if we have trouble replicating this.

Just so you know, saved games are located in C:\Users\(User Name)\Saved Games\Heroine's Quest saved games. You'd have to look at the time stamps to differentiate them.
01-02-2014 at 04:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Fizzii wrote:
Thanks for the report. :) The programmer should be able to fix this from the error message, but I'll let you know if we have trouble replicating this.

Just so you know, saved games are located in C:\Users\(User Name)\Saved Games\Heroine's Quest saved games. You'd have to look at the time stamps to differentiate them.
Other bug reports here: forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=36227
01-02-2014 at 09:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Yep, thanks. I've been keeping an eye on all the posts here as well as other forums. Copied all into a big private thread for Radiant's convenience ;)
01-02-2014 at 09:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Heroine's Quest - Crash when throwing daggers
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com