Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Livestreaming! (It's like a live LP. But with more fail, because it's me.)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Livestreaming! (+3)  
So, this evening I got bored and wanted to play some GatEB, and since I wanted to do some testing of my streaming quality anyways, and what ended up happening was (After some minor technical difficulties) about and hour of me trying and failing to solve puzzles. :P

Tonight's broadcast is here, and my main stream page is here. I know if you subscribe you can get email notifications for when I stream next. The combo of doing a quasi-LP along with having live chat was really fun, so I think I'll continue replaying all of GatEB on stream, so people can laugh.

(And next time, I will get the CaravelNet chat on-screen somehow. It does sound like I'm talking to no one a lot, haha)

04-12-2013 at 01:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Livestreaming! (0)  
Oh, huh. I tried to livestream DROD RPG for a short bit, but had no idea how to remotely make it sound interesting to watch.

What program are you using to broadcast? I've been using XSplit, and I find I can generally juggle a chat in there easily enough.

04-14-2013 at 06:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Banjooie wrote:
Oh, huh. I tried to livestream DROD RPG for a short bit, but had no idea how to remotely make it sound interesting to watch.

What program are you using to broadcast? I've been using XSplit, and I find I can generally juggle a chat in there easily enough.
I need to play around with CaravelNet chat a bit. Wish I could get it more of a column than a square to get it to fit on the scene.

I use a program called Open Broadcaster to stream. A little less user friendly, but a little more powerful and customizable (Especially when you have bad internet).

It'd be fun to do a livestream with a bunch of people on a voice server so there would be actual conversation and distraction in the game. Otherwise, I just try and talk about my thought process sometimes, though I'm not the best at it, admittedly.

04-15-2013 at 04:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
It's--harder than you think? If you have more than 2-3 people talking it just gets confusing for the people watching the stream.

DROD just--isn't the kinda game that's interesting to watch in and of itself compared to /doing/ it.
04-16-2013 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Banjooie wrote:
DROD just--isn't the kinda game that's interesting to watch in and of itself compared to /doing/ it.
Unless you're watching Pearls...

04-16-2013 at 12:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pearls
Rank Points: 772
west.logan wrote:
Banjooie wrote:
Unless you're watching Pearls...

That's just because I'm so terrible I can't move in a direction my sword isn't facing.

Click here to view the secret text

04-16-2013 at 02:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3757
icon Re: Livestreaming! (+1)  
Pearls wrote:
That's just because I'm so terrible I can't move in a direction my sword isn't facing.
You'll be better if you'll use your fingers to hit keys instead of throwing drunken ferrets at it.

04-16-2013 at 02:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
About to do some more streaming!

http://www.twitch.tv/gamingcashbox

If you missed it, it'll be recorded. =)

05-09-2013 at 02:41 AM
gamer_extreme_101
And the recorded file! Almost two hours of me doing terrible on KDD2.0.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamingcashbox/b/401063768

I'm going to try and get a schedule going for this so more people know about it, and can have more input on it.

05-09-2013 at 03:09 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1916
I just watched your latest L14-18 kdd).

I love having the chat window. It's fun to get all those great drod factoids from everyone watching.
05-11-2013 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
larrymurk wrote:
I just watched your latest L14-18 kdd).

I love having the chat window. It's fun to get all those great drod factoids from everyone watching.
Glad to hear!

I think I'm going to start scheduling them on Monday nights. Time TBD, but this coming Monday I'd like to start a brand new hold - probably Beethro and the Cake.

05-11-2013 at 01:00 AM
Kwerulous
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 340
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
[...] I'd like to start a brand new hold - probably Beethro and the Cake.
Good idea, that's one of the best holds out there! :whistle

I'd like to watch along live if you do, if I can keep my eyes open, that is (time-zones and all).

Edit: I watched your KDD: L14-18 today, it was strangely interesting to watch someone else play DROD.

[Last edited by Kwerulous at 05-11-2013 04:19 PM]
05-11-2013 at 08:37 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Kwerulous wrote:
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
[...] I'd like to start a brand new hold - probably Beethro and the Cake.
Good idea, that's one of the best holds out there! :whistle

I'd like to watch along live if you do, if I can keep my eyes open, that is (time-zones and all).

Edit: I watched your KDD: L14-18 today, it was strangely interesting to watch someone else play DROD.
If there's a time that works best for you, I'd love to have you either in the chat, or even on a voice server. Would be kind of interesting to play through a hold with the actual architect talking about it.

Have a fairly flexible week, could even do it on a weekend too!

05-11-2013 at 11:43 PM
Kwerulous
I can't do a voice chat but I will of course be able to log in to CNet chat.

The best time for me is late evening (local time) during the week, say around 10-11pm. For you that would be 3-4pm. Although I'd be flexible to that and wouldn't mind staying up a little later if needed.
05-12-2013 at 09:56 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Okay, it's going down tonight at 7:30PM EST, 5:30PM MST, and you can convert the rest around those two.

On the menu for tonight: GatEB. I had just completed the rock golem level, and working on the west part of the shore now.

05-13-2013 at 08:32 PM
gamer_extreme_101
So, last night's wasn't the best - ended up having to take a bunch of phone calls from work (One which caused me to have to leave abrubtly), and I apparently accidentally muted my mic close to the end.

But, I simply made a highlight of the main chunk of it - working on Inauro Canyon and the sorrow of me dealing with horns.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamingcashbox/c/2283014

05-14-2013 at 03:38 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Tomorrow afternoon, at 4PM EST, it's a special version of livestream! I'll be starting off Beethro and the Cake live, and Kwerulous will be in CaravelNet chat answering questions and talking about the hold and whatever else I ask him. So come join and watch, and enjoy!

05-20-2013 at 02:26 AM
larrymurk
I think Kwerulous was expecting to do it at 5pm est.
05-20-2013 at 06:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Apparently I'm awful with time - yes, Local Time:05-17-2013 at 10:00 PM is the correct time for the event in your time zone, courtesy of localtime!

[Last edited by gamer_extreme_101 at 05-20-2013 07:33 PM]
05-20-2013 at 06:52 PM
larrymurk
Me thinks you mean 5/20/2013 (not 5/17).

Hope to see you in an hour for some live streaming goodness!
05-20-2013 at 08:55 PM
Kwerulous
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Apparently I'm awful with time - yes, Local Time:05-17-2013 at 10:00 PM whenever, is the correct time for the event. in your time zone, courtesy of localtime!
Fixed.
05-20-2013 at 10:36 PM
larrymurk
Dude, it's 5:47. Where are you??
47 min late!
05-20-2013 at 10:48 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Sorry everyone! What was supposed to be a happy day off turned into a day of me getting called in to deal with an emergency at work. :(

I'll reschedule the stream with Kwerulous, get my dates sorted out, and try again another day. Sorry!

05-21-2013 at 04:22 AM
gamer_extreme_101
So, to make up for yesterday afternoon, I'm hoping to do a little bit of livestreaming tonight (Probably around the Local Time:05-21-2013 at 11:30 PM mark). Thinking of either working on finishing KDD2.0, starting JtRH, or starting an Advanced Concepts hold.

[Last edited by gamer_extreme_101 at 05-21-2013 07:28 PM]
05-21-2013 at 07:28 PM
gamer_extreme_101
So, no warning - it will actually be Beethro and the Cake live with Kwerulous tonight in about, oh, right now. If you miss it, it will be archived for posterity and amusement!

Edit: And we're done! Thanks again to Kwerulous for being in chat and making comments about the hold development as I played. Sorry again for the unintended solutions. :(

Stream is archived here: http://www.twitch.tv/gamingcashbox/b/406564761

[Last edited by gamer_extreme_101 at 05-22-2013 01:24 AM]
05-21-2013 at 11:36 PM
Kwerulous
icon Re: Livestreaming! (+5)  
Last night was fun. You only found one extra unintended solution, in 5: Eggs: 1S, which is fine, I didn't really like that room anyway.

My favourite quote would have to be (in 5: Eggs: 2W):

"I'm on the right path"
"No, you're not"
"..."
"Well what the hell then?"

[Last edited by Kwerulous at 05-22-2013 11:11 AM]
05-22-2013 at 10:44 AM
larrymurk
Nice job guys.

I only caught a half hour of it live but I'll be watching the rest when I get the chance.
05-22-2013 at 12:39 PM
larrymurk
Gamer said we could do another live streaming Monday night 7/22. He was thinking of playing one of my holds while i was there to comment.

Is this still in your plans Gamer?

5:30-8:30 pm est are the best hours for me.
07-20-2013 at 01:36 PM
gamer_extreme_101
icon Re: Livestreaming! (+2)  
So, bored tonight so going to blow the dust off of DROD and livestream some Palace of the Travels. It's happening in about ten minutes from this post, but I'll link the stream archive once I'm done.

Edit: Soooooo, played for like 40 minutes, and managed to "complete" two rooms. My brain hurts, but this is a very interesting hold. Link to the archive is here.

[Last edited by gamer_extreme_101 at 02-07-2014 02:04 AM]
02-07-2014 at 01:05 AM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3757
icon Re: Livestreaming! (+5)  
Can... Can I do some self-advertising?

At the spur of a moment I have decided to do a short, 15 minute livestream of KDDL5 development. As it turns out I actually wasted 45 minutes, most of the time spent making a single puzzle room and commenting on the aesthetics. Which is good, because the other think to do was commenting on the aesthetics of 40 rooms and placing checkpoints everywhere.

Edit: The forgotten links: https://new.livestream.com/accounts/7186153/events/2766941

[Last edited by skell at 02-13-2014 09:26 PM]
02-13-2014 at 09:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Livestreaming! (It's like a live LP. But with more fail, because it's me.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com