Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Demos Won't Download in GatEB Editor (on one computer and not the other)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Trickster
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 662
IP: Logged
icon Demos Won't Download in GatEB Editor (0)  
This bug is on my Windows 7 laptop but not my Windows 7 desktop. I have no idea why, as the builds should be identical, the Internet connection is the same, and it is a CN-connection related issue.

Here's the bug. If I first detect a demo in 4 by using F6 in the editor, it will reveal the demo exists on the server, but it will be grayed out and impossible to import. The only way I seem to be able to import the demo (this is for a beta hold) is to play through the game until I reach that room. Once I see the room in-game, the demo text turns from gray to black and I can now select and download it.

Curiously enough, in 3 I have no difficulty at all in seeing the demo and downloading it. I can't view it if it was made in 4, but it's not grayed out and I can select and download it (it won't keep a copy though).

In my hold, playing through every room is not always feasible for every demo I need to analyze. It is fortunate for me that this bug only affects one of my two machines, but I have no clue as to why that might be the case.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

07-10-2012 at 01:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
icon Re: Demos Won't Download in GatEB Editor (0)  
Good grief. I posted this once, not seven times. What. The. Hell-o, Nurse.

I'll delete all the copies, but... sheesh.

Official Hold Progress

My Holds

07-10-2012 at 01:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
icon Re: Demos Won't Download in GatEB Editor (+1)  
I have narrowed down the problem, though I am still uncertain why it affects my laptop and not my desktop.

In DROD 4, it will (in many cases) not allow you to attempt to download from CN a demo while in the editor, or even in the game itself, unless you have a current saved game which shows you have conquered that room. Oddly, it lets you see that the demo exists, and even how many moves it is, but it won't let you access it.

Again, this is for holds you own (or are testing and set Anyone edit), currently in beta. And this is a problem. I should be able to see demos for rooms I don't have conquer credit form if it's my beta, and my other testers should be able to see each others' demos without conquering the room first.

Can this be remedied simply? It's going to be a decent-sized pain to re-conquer a bunch of rooms that I'm expecting tests on, if this issue ends up applying to the desktop as well. The funny thing is that I do all the editing and uploading and testing on the laptop, so you'd think if one didn't work, it'd be the desktop since it does next to nothing with the hold (apart from using it to see demos at the moment), but it's the other way around entirely...

Official Hold Progress

My Holds

07-10-2012 at 07:11 PM
Trickster
icon Re: Demos Won't Download in GatEB Editor (0)  
Has anyone peeked at what might be causing this yet? Being unable to view my beta's demos on my laptop is pretty annoying.

Official Hold Progress

My Holds

08-07-2012 at 03:34 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Demos Won't Download in GatEB Editor (on one computer and not the other)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com