Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A Few CaravelNet Related Questions
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
da rogu3
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 491
IP: Logged
icon A Few CaravelNet Related Questions (+1)  
1. I haven't been using the 'Automatically save a demo when you conquer a room' setting since I started playing DROD. Does this mean I'll have to replay everything again to create a demo for each room to get highscores? (just checking if there's some easy way of doing this which I'm not aware of) Edit: After messing around with the features a bit, I've realised I can still view other people's demos for rooms I've visited, despite not saving a demo myself. That's the main feature I wanted, so I'm not too worried about having to replay everything anymore.

2. How do I merge my JtRH account with my TCB account? Originally I had played all JtRH and AE holds from the 2.0 engine, in case TCB broke anything (Fool's Errand, for example). However, with the chat features I think it's more convenient to play everything in TCB, so how do I go about doing this? (if it's possible)

[Last edited by da rogu3 at 08-27-2011 12:19 AM]
08-26-2011 at 11:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 608
icon Re: A Few CaravelNet Related Questions (+1)  
Supposedly (from an old thread I read) you are supposed to be able to export a player from 2.0 and when you import it to TCB, it will merge, assuming you used the same player.

I have not tested this and am very curious to see if it works myself. I've got a VM here so I may fire it up, install, and try it.

08-27-2011 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
icon Re: A Few CaravelNet Related Questions (0)  
Welcome back, by the way :)

08-27-2011 at 02:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Demos will still be uploaded but if you don't have the 'Automatically save a demo when you conquer a room' ticked, you won't be able to watch your completion demos. If you're looking to optimise rooms, it's often useful to be able to refer back but as you said, it doesn't stop you viewing online demos.

You could also download your own demo (though I think only the top 20 are available for ingame download).

As west.logan points out, you can export your player and import into TCB. You'll also need the TCB version of JtRH though (which is free if you already own the original JtRH). It has more rooms/secrets so probably worth checking out. I've yet to do so as I lost all my progress but hear there's some fun rooms/cut-scenes.
08-27-2011 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
da rogu3
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 491
Thanks, I was able to merge the 2 player accounts, firstly by importing each hold separately in TCB, then using the 'export saves only' in JtRH.

Only real issue for me now, is that my high scores shown don't represent my actual game progress, but unfortunately I can't do anything about that :?

Oh, and a third question - can anyone suggest some holds where the rooms haven't been optimised to death and the optimal solutions haven't been found yet? I want to have at least 1 1st place score :P
08-28-2011 at 12:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Haha, well you could start by beating some of mine I'm sure. I have five currently. Three of them are in Matthewpd's hold and at least two of those I doubt are optimized.

There's probably a good number of rooms in the recent holds that aren't optimized. I got a first place on the Uncle Mike's recently.

08-28-2011 at 01:51 AM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
If I knew which ones were optimisable, I'd play them again :)
08-28-2011 at 09:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : A Few CaravelNet Related Questions
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No