Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Observations, questions and a "stuck" game
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
tas2826
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Observations, questions and a "stuck" game (0)  
I just started playing Leylines, and it is outstanding. Reminds me a lot of Microprose Master of Magic, which I can't even begin to count the number of hours I lost on that one....

Anyway, a couple of questions.

1. Question - Is there a way to force a stack to stay together when the "continue movement next turn" option is on? What happens to me is the faster units keep breaking away from the group and then they get picked off.

2. Question - Why was the decision made to not allow cities outside the players race to build anything? In a way it is kind of neat, but it would be nice if maybe there was some way you could get to be able to do that via a spell, research, etc.

3. Suggestion - Put in some way to have a unit auto explore, or at least make it so you can click into unexplored territory and the unit will path find as well as it can until it can no longer go.

4. Bug? - I have a save game file where whn I click end turn it hangs on the angel end of turn screen. I have let it sit up to 15 mins and it never came back. Is this something I need to or can submit?

Now, I am sure the answers to these question are probably buried somewhere, but I thought I would throw them out there anyway. If anyone can point me to the info above, much obliged.

Again, great game and thanks for the hard work.

Troy
08-10-2010 at 02:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
grobblewobble
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Observations, questions and a "stuck" game (0)  
Nice to see another Leylines fan. :-)

If you'd be interested in a play by email game, feel free to drop me a note.

1. I'm sorry, but no this isn't possible.

2. You can't build foreign units, but you can use the gold to build more units in your native towns or use the mana to summon more armies. If you really like building foreign units, the best option is to play as an alliance. An alliance may build in cities of both races.

4. It seems you found a bug. The best you can do is to save a copy of the game just before the moment it crashed and post it here.

[Last edited by grobblewobble at 08-10-2010 11:30 PM]
08-10-2010 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Thank you for your feedback!

Regarding your questions, (1) if you move the units together, they should all stay together. If this doesn't happen, please send me a savefile so that I can look into it.

(2) There are three reasons for this. One, a captured race simply doesn't like you, and while they'll grudgingly work in the fields and forges for you, they're not going to fight for you. Second, every race has their own techniques and playstyle, and combining races dilutes this and makes them feel less unique. And third, it turns out to be rather unbalancing.

Note that you can get out-of-race units as mercenaries, as well as via the spells Dominance (mind mastery) and Simulacrum (body adept). Also, Elves can use diplomats to bribe enemies, and Theria can use their doppelganger unit.

(3) I'll look into how feasible this is.

(4) yes, if it hangs for more than 20-30 seconds or so, that's a definite bug. Please attach the save file in this forum, and note which date you see on the game's title screen (this indicates the version number).

08-12-2010 at 12:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Danjen02
Also, Elves can use diplomats to bribe enemies
Eep, apparently I missed a version update, since they were previously Regency. :C

08-13-2010 at 11:00 PM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
Danjen02 wrote:
Also, Elves can use diplomats to bribe enemies
Eep, apparently I missed a version update, since they were previously Regency. :C

Heh. Elven Envoys and Regency Diplomats, then. Serves me right for writing in a hurry :)

08-14-2010 at 02:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Danjen02
Ah fair enough, I never play elves, so I didn't know. :P

Been a while since I played, though.

08-16-2010 at 06:04 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Observations, questions and a "stuck" game
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com