Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Puzzlemania (Old-school puzzling)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.8/10 (19 votes)
σ 2.13
Author Name:Felix
Submitted By:the-last-but-1-supper
Hold Name:Puzzlemania
Theme:Old-school puzzling
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:9
Number of Rooms:53
Number of Monsters:1327
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Puzzlemania.hold (20.7 KB)
Downloaded 1155 times.
License: Other
icon Puzzlemania  
After a long(well only 3 days)development, i present to you PUZZLEMANIA! This hold is a normal puzzling hold for the game DROD AE! I hope you enjoy this hold!

Felix
08-08-2009 at 12:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Puzzlemania (0)  
Alright, here's something that many of you have been waiting for: an easy hack-and-slash hold. Enjoy! :)
08-08-2009 at 12:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Puzzlemania (+1)  
I love me some easy hack and slash. Lynchpins are often brain-demolishing for me. It's quite nice to find a 7-level hold that doesn't require too much thought, but is still enjoyable.

I'm starting to feel somewhat demanding though. This hold doesn't really have a plot, and probably could have been good as a "one of Beethro's first holds" hold.

Regardless, this took me something like an hour and fifteen minutes. Lunchbreak for some.

3/7

08-08-2009 at 02:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
A standart hack&slash hold. It's nice to have such old-school holds sometimes. This one is actually pretty good one, although architect didn't give testers much time to test it, so there's a lack of checkpoints in some rooms; a few rooms have just too much monsters in them.

2 brains, 6 for fun.
08-08-2009 at 02:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaosgamer
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 88
Old school puzzles. I wanted to test this but was caught with architecture work so I decided to wait. The lack of checkpoints didn't bother me. Easy hack-and-slash, love it. Good break from mind exploding puzzles. :thumbsup

6 for fun and 2.5 for brains

[Last edited by Chaosgamer at 08-08-2009 04:03 PM]
08-08-2009 at 04:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
This hold is certainly not difficult, I would rate it somewhere around a 3 actually but it was pretty decent. It's too bad the architect didn't stick around and make more holds, I was curious enough to see if he'd made any others.

By and large, most of the easy holds are pretty boring or repetitive, this one didn't have any really difficult rooms but still managed to stay interesting. If I had to compare it, I would say it is similar to the more recent "Super Dungeon Deluxe 4-level pack 1". Well done! As someone said, a good lunch break hold perhaps.

02-25-2012 at 11:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
This was a fun little hold. I concur with the previous statements.

7 for fun
3.5 for brains
12/20 recommendation rating

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
02-26-2012 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Puzzlemania (Old-school puzzling) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com