Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A quick suggestion concerning CaravelNet
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stoney
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
IP: Logged
icon A quick suggestion concerning CaravelNet (+3)  
Alright, here is something that confused me a little bit, and i thought iīd share. You know the spiffy "Downloads" Button thats available on the forum? Yes, the one that lets you download every purchased DROD Build plus Caravel Net Bonus Features like the Audio Drama.

Now, while all of that is pretty convenient and stuff, lets just assume someones CaravelNet Account expires, and he needs to redownload the purchased Executeables after a hardware crash, or whatever. He could of course mail support and get the Download Links, but why on earth not include the purchased Main Games into the Forums "Purchases" Tab? Itīs working really nice for the SmS, so why shouldnīt this work with the main games aswell? This way the purchases would be secure and tied to the forum account, available whenever someone needs it. Is this a technical issue?

My idea is to use the Downloads Page only for Caravel Net Exclusive Stuff, like Audio Files and so on and leave everything else to the Forums "Purchases" tab. (Purchased SmS AND Games)

Regards

eric

[Last edited by Stoney at 03-31-2009 02:47 PM]
03-31-2009 at 08:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
slimm tom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1232
icon Re: A quick suggestion concerning CaravelNet (+1)  
Have some mods!

I totally agree. It would make it much easier for both the users and support staff, who won't need to send out any more links for re-downloads.
03-31-2009 at 02:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
icon Re: A quick suggestion concerning CaravelNet (0)  
On this topic, I have recently purchased a MacBook, and with all previous laptops I have simply put it on a CD or Flash Drive and was done with it. That is obviously not going to work here (well, I COULD use Boot Camp, but that's very inconvenient). My subscription has expired, so how would I go about re-downloading JtrH and TCB?

05-25-2009 at 11:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Snacko wrote:
My subscription has expired, so how would I go about re-downloading JtrH and TCB?
I'd hazard a guess that you'll have to email support@caravelgames.com ...

05-25-2009 at 01:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
The embarassing part here is how obvious it is Snacko didn't even read the first post.
05-28-2009 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: A quick suggestion concerning CaravelNet (+1)  
Banjooie wrote:
The embarassing part here is how obvious it is Snacko didn't even read the first post.
Hmm... I can't remember who it was, and I can't find it, but at one point Tahnan got angry at a user for repeatedly not reading what he was replying to.

The reply was 'Sometimes I read my own posts before making them.'
05-29-2009 at 03:48 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
sir I am not paying you to potentially point out my hypocrisy
05-31-2009 at 07:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A quick suggestion concerning CaravelNet
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com