Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Importing players assigns progress/demos to other player
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon Importing players assigns progress/demos to other player (+1)  
The issue involves importing multiple players and associated progress/demos being linked to just one of the players. I'm certain I've raised this bug before but can't find the relevant topic.

My setup is 2 players, both on Caravel (Syntax and Random). I had moved over to using the Linux version on my laptop but as this meant she could no longer play (I use it for work), I decided to switch back to running DROD on the desktop under XP.

Tonight, I installed the latest Windows version on the desktop and exported the 2 player files from the Linux version on the laptop. I then imported both players, realised not all holds were installed so downloaded them and reimported the player files.

This has resulted in all my progress being transferred to Random, as well as all my demos being flagged as hers.

As I originally pointed out, I'm sure this issue was fixed previously but I can't find the report - demos/progress were associated with the first player by default. I did select both player files for import *at the same time* (shift-select in the file selection box) so maybe that explains this new problem.
01-13-2009 at 03:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon Re: Importing players assigns progress/demos to other player (0)  
Any thoughts on this?

I'm very keen to move over to using Vista for playing DROD as it's more accessible for Random and it's kept her from playing. It's also very similar to the previous bug I had when I lost all my KDD progress to VodkaAndCoke which was fixed quite quickly.

If there's any more info that could help, please let me know.
02-24-2009 at 09:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Importing players assigns progress/demos to other player
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com